News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on July 16, 2018, 02:17:14 PM
Skyrim on my ol ps3. my first character to make it past 2nd or 3rd level before i got bored of sucking at the game. i picked it out of my pile of non fallout games simply because i wanted a sandbox that was pretty in contrast to fallouts' wasteland aesthetic, which mostly suits me well. the lack of VATs is annoying to me when i try any new game that doesn't have something similar. anyway i was going through my old saves, newest one was from 4 years ago, i had somehow got my character to 8th level but quit when i couldn't get past some witches who kept ambushing and i just could not react fast enough to beat them. but this time around, i figured it out on the first try. run at them with two handed axe. and heal over and over when i get a chance to breathe. from there i played most of last weekend and this weekend and rounded my character with the predictable name Pris to 14th. sticking with the two handed mostly for fighting, enjoying having almost equal stamina, health and magicka. really using the ethereal shout to some spectacular one hit kills, letting folks try to hit me, then getting in an awesome power attack. bam. when it works it's so fun. i still really suck at archery, and find the aiming too hard for my several thumbed hands. so button mashing and lots of self healing is doing the trick for me. potions are a luxury.

next weekend i will be starting my new mutants and masterminds rpg that starts of in the late 40's America, with lots of of the era styled heroes and villains. but which is whitch?

Archery gets a lot easier after a few perks. There's a button to slow down time . Sneak + zoom = lors of one shot kills

Josquius

Just bought a psp.
Valkyria chronicles 2 here I come.
Any recommendations for this console from the further than I realised past?
██████
██████
██████

Iormlund

Trying out Warframe. Not quite sure I like it yet.

FunkMonk

So, uh, I've taken to playing Dishonored 2 as a kind of stress reliever.

I think I'm channeling my inner Hannibal Lector.

And this guy is just having a nice, quiet smoke next to a pile of shredded human corpses:

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Scipio

Went all in on the Rise of the Tomb Raider sale. I really enjoyed the Tomb Raider reboot, so I'm hoping this one is just as good.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Zoupa on August 09, 2018, 11:23:18 AM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on July 16, 2018, 02:17:14 PM
Skyrim on my ol ps3. my first character to make it past 2nd or 3rd level before i got bored of sucking at the game. i picked it out of my pile of non fallout games simply because i wanted a sandbox that was pretty in contrast to fallouts' wasteland aesthetic, which mostly suits me well. the lack of VATs is annoying to me when i try any new game that doesn't have something similar. anyway i was going through my old saves, newest one was from 4 years ago, i had somehow got my character to 8th level but quit when i couldn't get past some witches who kept ambushing and i just could not react fast enough to beat them. but this time around, i figured it out on the first try. run at them with two handed axe. and heal over and over when i get a chance to breathe. from there i played most of last weekend and this weekend and rounded my character with the predictable name Pris to 14th. sticking with the two handed mostly for fighting, enjoying having almost equal stamina, health and magicka. really using the ethereal shout to some spectacular one hit kills, letting folks try to hit me, then getting in an awesome power attack. bam. when it works it's so fun. i still really suck at archery, and find the aiming too hard for my several thumbed hands. so button mashing and lots of self healing is doing the trick for me. potions are a luxury.

next weekend i will be starting my new mutants and masterminds rpg that starts of in the late 40's America, with lots of of the era styled heroes and villains. but which is whitch?

Archery gets a lot easier after a few perks. There's a button to slow down time . Sneak + zoom = lors of one shot kills

definitely. feeling a lot better with archery now. made a couple of new characters and went hard on archery earlier. made such a difference in my playstyle. also much less frustrating in some encounters, to just pick folks off.
:p

Eddie Teach

Just got Civilization Revolution 2. Pretty fun, but I miss the workers.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 15, 2019, 02:45:13 AM
Just got Civilization Revolution 2. Pretty fun, but I miss the workers.

I enjoyed the first one on my phone, but I'd need an ipad or android tablet for this version?

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 15, 2019, 10:16:19 PM
I play it on my phone.

Thanks for that.

Though I think my phone screen at 4.7" is a bit too small for my eyes to play a game without strain.  :(

mongers

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 15, 2019, 10:16:19 PM
I play it on my phone.

I bought it, it's a great game.

Thanks for making me aware of it. :cheers:

Zoupa

I'm playing Battletech. Mechwarrior game. Think X-Com with giant robots. It's not a AAA game developer but very enjoyable. Recommended.

Caliga

I beat Divinity: Original Sin 2 yesterday.  Great game... agree it's one of the best CRPGs ever.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

I saw that there was a new version of Moroblivion out, so decided to re-install Oblivion and give Morroblivion a run.  Some things i discovered:

1.  The Steam version of Oblivion is useless if you want to use mods (specifically, mods that use OBSE) and any mod manager other than the ancient Oblivion Mod Manager.  I had to get the GOG version, which works exactly as advertised.

2.  The game looks pretty good with all the texture updates.  Not "modern" good, but quite good.

3.  The game loads fast on a modern rig.  Ten seconds from the desktop to the main menu, 20 seconds from the main menu to the save fully loaded.

4. The game is still unstable - maybe more unstable than under WinXp.  I just save and end the game every 20 or 30 minutes and then reload.  If I don't, it crashes about 40 minutes into a given playthrough.

5.  Other than for some of the trees which look funky, Morroblivion pretty much completely replaces Morrowind.  There's still some unvoiced dialogue, but the voice acting is actually pretty good, and Morrowind had almost none of it anyway.

When I complete Morroblivion I am going to finally finish the Ayleid Steps Mod.

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!