News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

DGuller: bet $25 even Tesla stock is up by this time next year.

Admiral Yi

Offer open until market open next week.

DGuller

I'm saying that the stock market valuations seem out of tune with intuition in general, not that they are out of tune right now and will become intuitive sometime within next year.

The Minsky Moment

Elon, like Donald, and Ann Coulter from the McCain thread, never learned the simple virtues of just shutting the fuck up.

EDIT: there's got to be a Rey Juan Carlos gif for that.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Oexmelin

Having a microphone thrust under your mouth for everything you say can convince people that everything they say is gold.
Que le grand cric me croque !

mongers

Quote from: Oexmelin on September 02, 2018, 07:28:33 AM
Having a microphone thrust under your mouth for everything you say can convince people that everything they say is gold.

Thanks Oexy, you've reminded me to get on with recording some more podcasts.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 01, 2018, 01:57:44 PM
Elon, like Donald, and Ann Coulter from the McCain thread, never learned the simple virtues of just shutting the fuck up.

Odd you include Coulter, whose career is based on saying more outrageous statements than anyone else.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Oexmelin on September 02, 2018, 07:28:33 AM

There always more trade by volume in manure than in gold.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 01, 2018, 01:57:44 PM

Maladict

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/sep/04/elon-musk-claims-diver-in-thai-cave-rescue-is-child-rapist-without-evidence

Elon Musk calls Thailand diver 'child rapist' in latest baseless attack

Tesla CEO, who previously called Vernon Unsworth a 'pedo', has faced widespread backlash over his comments

Wed 5 Sep 2018 00.48 BST
First published on Wed 5 Sep 2018 00.39 BST
Elon Musk alleged that the diver had moved to Thailand 'for a child bride'.

Elon Musk has escalated his baseless attacks against a British diver, claiming without evidence that the man who helped rescue children from a cave in Thailand was a "child rapist" in an email to a reporter.

The embattled Tesla CEO faced widespread backlash in July when he first called the diver Vernon Unsworth a "pedo" in a tweet – an unfounded claim against a man who was part of the international team that freed 12 young footballers and their coach from the Tham Luang cave complex. Musk, who had unsuccessfully attempted to assist the rescue mission, eventually apologized to Unsworth.

On Tuesday, however, BuzzFeed published two new emails from Musk, in which he called a journalist who has written about the dispute a "fucking asshole" and he launched new extraordinary claims against Unsworth, without providing documentation to support the allegations.

Musk called Unsworth a "single white guy from England who's been traveling to or living in Thailand for 30 to 40 years", alleging that he had moved to Chiang Rai "for a child bride who was about 12 years old at the time". He asserted that the city was "renowned for child sex-trafficking".

BuzzFeed reported that it had investigated the allegations and Unsworth's background, but could not verify any of the claims and said that it was unclear where the allegations originated.

Unsworth, who said he was considering legal action after the original insults on Twitter, is now moving forward with a lawsuit, his lawyer said in an email to the Guardian on Tuesday: "Elon Musk's campaign of publishing vile and false accusations against Mr Unsworth is inexcusable. Musk hopes to be sued and he deserves to be sued. He will be."

Musk's email to BuzzFeed, which was a response to Unsworth's latest legal threats, said: "I suggest that you call people you know in Thailand, find out what's actually going on and stop defending child rapists, you fucking asshole ... As for this alleged threat of a lawsuit, which magically appeared when I raised the issue (nothing was sent or raised beforehand), I fucking hope he sues me."

Musk also defended his original effort to help the rescue mission in a follow-up email.

Musk confirmed to the Guardian on Tuesday that he had sent the email but did not immediately comment further. Tesla spokespeople did not respond to a request for comment.

BuzzFeed said it could not locate any UK criminal records for Unsworth, 63, and also spoke with his girlfriend, who said she was 40 and had been with him for seven years.

The controversy comes at a time when Tesla and Musk continue to battle intense negative publicity and embarrassing controversies. His seemingly impulsive tweets have repeatedly led him into trouble. Notably, Musk recently tweeted that he had "secured" funding to take his electric car company private, which prompted scrutiny from the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and backlash from investors.

Earlier this year, Tesla's credit rating was downgraded to negative, with Moody's citing a "significant shortfall" in the Model 3 production rate. The CEO also faced criticism after he slammed analysts on an earnings call in the spring, saying they should stop asking "boring, bonehead questions".

After the first attack on Unsworth, some investors demanded an apology and criticized Musk for distracting from Tesla's mission.

garbon

He's stuck with a malfunction. Should try turning it off and back on again.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

I find it surprising that a seemingly unbalanced individual like him can become CEO of a billion dollar enterprise.

Or president of the sole superpower...

Zoupa

I'm one of those rabid Musk fanboys. Super disappointed that he can go off the rails like that  :(

Valmy

Quote from: Zoupa on September 05, 2018, 03:29:24 PM
I'm one of those rabid Musk fanboys. Super disappointed that he can go off the rails like that  :(

Yeah me to. Dude needs to focus on what is important and get off social media.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Zoupa on September 05, 2018, 03:29:24 PM

I'm not a fan of any of his movies, but what he did for those kids with muscular dystrophy is God's work.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017