And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamilcar

Just to summarize what happened:
- A PIJ rocket fell on a parking lot and damaged some cars
- Hamas claimed that the IDF destroyed a hospital full of people and killed 500+ civilians
- You all run with the story or at least go "yeah that's plausible"
- The IDF spent a few hours researching what happened just to be sure, and  of evidence including the terrorists talking about the missile
- THE HOSPITAL IS STILL STANDING AND THERE ARE NO BODIES

But yeah. Maybe the Israelis could have done it.

Fuck off.

Gups

Quote from: Hamilcar on October 18, 2023, 05:26:59 AM
Quote from: Gups on October 18, 2023, 04:50:14 AMI really hope that Isreal can produce the proof it says it has that this was caused by a failed launch. I also hope that  it will be possible to show that the evidence has not been tampered with. That won't persuade those who will always take the side of the Palestinians but it will for the middle ground.

The IDF has provided proof, including conversations discussing the failed rocket.

They have provided an audio clip of two peeople speaking in Arab who the IDF say are Hamas operatives. Th eocnversations relates third hand reports. Even assuming it is real, it is very far from "proof".

Gups

Quote from: Hamilcar on October 18, 2023, 05:52:51 AMJust to summarize what happened:
- A PIJ rocket fell on a parking lot and damaged some cars
- Hamas claimed that the IDF destroyed a hospital full of people and killed 500+ civilians
- You all run with the story or at least go "yeah that's plausible"
- The IDF spent a few hours researching what happened just to be sure, and  of evidence including the terrorists talking about the missile
- THE HOSPITAL IS STILL STANDING AND THERE ARE NO BODIES

But yeah. Maybe the Israelis could have done it.

Fuck off.

Personally, I've not reached any conclusions about this pending further information. But you certainly have.

Tamas

You'd think producing proof that the hospital is still standing would be fairly easy for the IDF.

Hamilcar

Quote from: Tamas on October 18, 2023, 06:10:14 AMYou'd think producing proof that the hospital is still standing would be fairly easy for the IDF.

https://x.com/idf/status/1714513625598021868?s=61

Threviel

Yeah, so apparently they did

God damn, the burden of proof for Israel is insane...

Tamas

Hamilcar

DGuller

Quote from: Josquius on October 18, 2023, 02:22:49 AMAh yes. Criticising Israel = anti semitism.
This is a key path for recruiting to actual anti semitism.
"Those evil Jews made me hate Jews!  :cry: "

mongers

Quote from: Hamilcar on October 17, 2023, 09:07:59 PMI don't believe for one second that the IAF targeted a hospital to kill a bunch of people. The fact that you do makes your antisemitism show.

:blink:

Guess I get to find out how the forum ignore button works.

Pity as you always struck me as an OK, reasonable guy.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Quote from: DGuller on October 18, 2023, 07:38:18 AM
Quote from: Josquius on October 18, 2023, 02:22:49 AMAh yes. Criticising Israel = anti semitism.
This is a key path for recruiting to actual anti semitism.
"Those evil Jews made me hate Jews!  :cry: "
Yes.
Evil members of a group are a usual way one gets hooked into hating that group as a whole.

People who are against anti-semitism conflating criticism of Israel with anti-semitism really helps to blur the boundaries in peoples minds and is a key path by which people who might otherwise be perfectly fine with Jewish people can become fellow travellers and ultimately recruits of the died in the wool true blue anti semites.

But then in large part I do suspect that's exactly as planned really. Its very useful to tar any criticism with a beyond the pale and unacceptable brush.
██████
██████
██████

Savonarola

Quote from: Tamas on October 17, 2023, 04:30:26 AMOne of the criticism levelled by the "but it is an occupation!" crowd is European leaders being too pro-Israel, SHOCKINGLY taking the attacked side in a case of mass murder and kidnapping. Well that basic logic aside it has just sunk in that many of the victims and the kidnapped people are citizens of these various countries. Like one of the trophy slaves hostages showcased in a recent Hamas video was a young French-Israeli girl. So I really don't know how e.g. Macron can be expected to go all "well yeah our citizens have been murdered and kidnapped, but there are two sides to this thing you know".

And to his credit, Macron has said that there's no "Yes, but..." even to the bomb threats at Versailles and the Louvre. 

Hamas's strategy is beyond my understanding (as far as I can make it out, they're an organization that beheads babies in order to raise awareness for Palestine; combining the worst excesses of the Khmer Rouge and Stop Oil); so it's not surprising that I don't see the propaganda value of releasing videos of this girl:

Am I supposed to sympathize with Hamas because this is clearly the face of the evil Zionist oppressor?  Does this somehow top decapitating babies, so that I should fear or hate Hamas more now?
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Threviel on October 18, 2023, 06:14:22 AMYeah, so apparently they did

God damn, the burden of proof for Israel is insane...

While many, even in the media it seems, are all to willing to believe Hamas press communiques. You'd think they'd have learned by now after a 600 days of dealing with Russian propaganda to be a bit more discerning

Razgovory

So the Hospital is still standing? 500 killed is just a lie?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Hamilcar