2024 US Presidential Elections Megathread

Started by Syt, May 25, 2023, 02:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on March 08, 2024, 11:40:27 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 07, 2024, 01:15:56 PMWhat is a Hamastan - some weird slur?
It's Raz way of saying he drank the MAGA Kool Aid.

He just thinks he'll fare better than the others if he shows sympathy to the party.

Lots of people who thought so to died in the camps during WWII.

Then again, Mono might be doing very well for himself these days.
You nitwit, that wasn't me.  Otto is said Hamastan, not me.  I haven't become a nationalist.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on March 09, 2024, 12:04:20 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 07, 2024, 01:15:56 PMWhat is a Hamastan - some weird slur?

He just thinks he'll fare better than the others if he shows sympathy to the party.

You nitwit, that wasn't me.  Otto is said Hamastan, not me.  I haven't become a nationalist.
Sorry.  I confused you two lately, the discourse is so similar.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Biden seems to have shifted his strategy of unconditional, blind support toward Israel.

First, Kamala Harris asking for an immediate cease-fire (with the small caveat that Hamas must respect their conditions, but that's not the headline), then this week-end, saying Bibi did more harm than good for Israel.  That's a clear shift.  Not attacking Israel, but attacking the government.

Let's see if he regains points with the Arab electorate while not losing anything substantial with the Jewish electorate.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

A hopeful sign. Bibi is an opponent of the policy goals of the United States. He is no friend of ours.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on March 09, 2024, 08:14:29 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 09, 2024, 12:04:20 AM
Sorry.  I confused you two lately, the discourse is so similar.

Yeah, so have you started packing?  You know, for the decolonization?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

viper37

Nope.  No one ever contested the establishment of a French colony in Quebec, save for the Iroquois Five (later Six) Nations who wanted the territory from themselves and waged war on the Wendat the Montagnais and the Innus, among others.

The current claims by the Wendat on a part of Quebec city arise from a presumed gift by a religious congregation to the Huron-Wendat nation of Wendake.

Again, if the Federal government wants to give back Southern Ontario to the Iroquois League, to restore the lands cheated by Simcoe, be my guest.

Razgovory

Dude, every inch of North America is First nations.  So give it up.  You are not indigenous. 

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on March 09, 2024, 08:22:05 PMBiden seems to have shifted his strategy of unconditional, blind support toward Israel.

I'd argue that the change isn't his policy, but your (mis)perception of his policy.

QuoteFirst, Kamala Harris asking for an immediate cease-fire (with the small caveat that Hamas must respect their conditions, but that's not the headline), then this week-end, saying Bibi did more harm than good for Israel.  That's a clear shift.  Not attacking Israel, but attacking the government.

Let's see if he regains points with the Arab electorate while not losing anything substantial with the Jewish electorate.

The Biden Administration has sharpened its rhetoric, but hasn't changed any policies.  Biden has never been a Bibi supporter.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

Quote from: grumbler on March 10, 2024, 11:22:18 AM
Quote from: viper37 on March 09, 2024, 08:22:05 PMBiden seems to have shifted his strategy of unconditional, blind support toward Israel.

I'd argue that the change isn't his policy, but your (mis)perception of his policy.

QuoteFirst, Kamala Harris asking for an immediate cease-fire (with the small caveat that Hamas must respect their conditions, but that's not the headline), then this week-end, saying Bibi did more harm than good for Israel.  That's a clear shift.  Not attacking Israel, but attacking the government.

The Biden Administration has sharpened its rhetoric, but hasn't changed any policies.  Biden has never been a Bibi supporter.

He's never been a Bibi supporter, but he gave him a carte-blanche to attack Gaza and shut his eyes for everything else happening in the West Bank under the guise that they were being attacked by Hamas from Gaza.

We're far from the previous discourse.  Even when other allies were asking for a cease-fire the US was totally opposed to that.

viper37

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on March 09, 2024, 11:47:54 PMDude, every inch of North America is First nations.  So give it up.  You are not indigenous.
I don't recall Champlain fighting off the natives to establish Quebec city.
Perhaps you misremember Metacomet's War and its outcome? :)
We didn't fight the indians to exterminate them and sent them packing out of their territory.

Razgovory

It doesn't matter.  Saying "there was no person standing right here, so the land must be ours" is silly.  You have a bunch of reservations in Quebec, decolonize now!  Give the land back.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on March 10, 2024, 12:31:33 PMIt doesn't matter.  Saying "there was no person standing right here, so the land must be ours" is silly.  You have a bunch of reservations in Quebec, decolonize now!  Give the land back.

Hey Viper may have Huron ancestors.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on March 10, 2024, 12:31:33 PMIt doesn't matter.  Saying "there was no person standing right here, so the land must be ours" is silly.  You have a bunch of reservations in Quebec, decolonize now!  Give the land back.
Of course we have a bunch of reservations in Quebec.

The Abenakis, refugees expelled by the Iroquois and the British.
Mohawks, Catholics expelles by the Iroquois and the British.
Malecites (can't spell their official name, sorry), refugees expelled by Maine's colonists.  Some went back to New-Brunswick and Maine after the war.
Hurons-Wendat of Wendake.  Refugees of attempted genocide from the Iroquois, allied with the English.
Innus and Montagnais, leftovers of the Beaver Wars with the Iroquois, supplied with English and later British weapons.  Negotiations still under way.
Inuits: British Territory, Hudson Bay Company.  Rapatriated to Quebec much later.
Cree: Negotiated settlement with the James Bay treaty.

You should really try harder. :)

In any case, it falls under the jurisdiction of the Federal Government, with the Indian Act.

We can only deal with the current situations within our own sphere of responsibilities.  Any territorial arrangement has to go through the Federal government.  I'm more than willing to discuss equal to equal, without Federal govt interference.   Not sure Justin is ok with that.

Razgovory

So you are saying there was not ONE native American in the confines of Quebec until the British came?