News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Found a chocolate bar in a kitchen cupboard, good tasting 70%; after I finished it a few days later, looked on the packet and discovered it was cooks chocolate. :gasp:

Oh and I also noticed the best before date was Sept 2017!, but tasted fine to me.  :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

The mother of one of the people I work with gave me some home made dried pork belly.  I was instructed to place it over rice in our rice cooker - easy and oh so delicious.  I am not sure exactly what spicing she used, apparently it changes a bit from year to year.

mongers

Barrister

Mrs B had training downtown this last week.  She called me up and said we should go for lunch.

My office is literally next door to Edmonton's Chinatown, so that's where I suggested we go.  Wound up going for Vietnamese food.

I love Vietnamese food.  It's this weird mix of being 90%+ asian, but with these French and American influences on top of it.  Like Vietnamese iced coffee.  First of all it's one of the only places in Asia that has adopted coffee, but also used condensed milk.

Anyways, I ordered salad rolls, but wound up taking most of them home, and gave them to my kids.  They really enjoyed them, and they can be picky eaters.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Zanza

I was at McDonald's and had a McPlant with a Beyond Meat patty. Not bad. Or at least not worse than the other stuff they sell.

mongers

Hamilcar

I am effectively vegan at this point. Modern mass factory farming is a moral blemish on humanity.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Zanza on April 07, 2023, 10:37:52 AMI was at McDonald's and had a McPlant with a Beyond Meat patty. Not bad. Or at least not worse than the other stuff they sell.

Damning with faint praise.

Zanza

It was next to the Autobahn and the alternative was a Burger King.  :sleep:

mongers

Quote from: Zanza on April 08, 2023, 10:25:12 AMIt was next to the Autobahn and the alternative was a Burger King.  :sleep:

So you didn't consider roadkill instead?

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Zanza on April 08, 2023, 10:25:12 AMIt was next to the Autobahn and the alternative was a Burger King.  :sleep:

Congratulations, you managed to elect the worst.  :P

Quote from: mongers on April 08, 2023, 11:53:15 AMSo you didn't consider roadkill instead?

Never tried it, so I can't say whether there was a real choice to be made or not.  :hmm:

Sheilbh

Celebrated Easter (and the end of Lent, when I'm vegan) by doing some home made char siu pork :mmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

I made a chicken roast with the chicken covered in ingredients to make it taste like a chicken kyiv.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Having rabbit today. Easter tradition in my family.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

mongers

Quote from: HVC on April 09, 2023, 03:04:24 PMHaving rabbit today. Easter tradition in my family.

:cool:

Tasty.