News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Gaming HQ / Re: Crusader Kings III
Last post by jimmy olsen - Today at 08:37:42 PM
Quote from: Syt on April 23, 2024, 01:10:50 AMFeatures list for Road to Power:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2671070/Crusader_Kings_III_Roads_to_Power/

QuoteThe glory and might of the Byzantine Empire are yours to command in this expansion to Crusader Kings III. The unique politics and cultures of the heir to the Roman Empire are on display through new governing systems, new ways for characters to progress up the medieval ladder, and new activities for your characters. You can also explore a new exciting lifestyle as a landless Adventurer, seeking fame and glory across a living map of the medieval world.
Roads to Power features include:

Administrative Government: Experience medieval rule outside of the feudal system with new styles of empire management. A web of Governors jockeys for position in the empire with intrigue and power, sometimes rewarding merit and sometimes rewarding perfidy. Only a truly skilled Emperor can keep these squabbling forces in line.

The Family Estate: Run and manage a powerful Family Estate, the seat of your Houses' power. Construct new buildings and improvements to further your power and influence within the Empire.

A Life of Adventure: Freely roam the map, untied to any realm or holding, going where the winds of fortune blow you. Fulfil contracts as a landless adventurer, even through the generations, building up a reputation of your own. Earn gold, prestige and fame traveling the globe until you decide to settle down and claim a land you have earned through merit.

Influence System: Build up a character's influence within an administrative empire to climb even higher in the opinion of the Emperor, gathering more power to yourself. Start as a landless noble on an estate, and compete for valuable provinces to govern.

New Imperial Management: Run a sprawling imperial bureaucracy, appointing and directing the governors of your provinces.

Choose Successor or Caesar: The Byzantine Emperor can choose their heir from a list of Influential candidates or important family members, and even opt to co-rule if the burden of empire is too much.

New Byzantine Flavor Content: New events, monuments and activities built around the Byzantine theme, including chariot racing.

Cosmetic additions: A Byzantine-themed UI skin and new court fashions for your characters, as well as new 2D event art for activities like chariot racing, new on map monuments of the Byzantine and Roman worlds, new on map holding designs and a Byzantine throne room for Royal Court sessions, among other aesthetic improvements...

The "Life of Adventure", while an often requested feature, might end up really underwhelming, because without a demesne to rule, marriages to forge, wars to wage - what is there to do? Even as someone who leans more into the RP side of things, I expect this to be really lacking in features/content.

I saw on reddit earlier that there's a new start date at 1179. Is it true? Can't access steam from work
Off the Record / Re: Vote for your favorite Aus...
Last post by Tonitrus - Today at 08:27:34 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 29, 2024, 12:59:40 PMGuess I will vote #2. She seems like she would have orange slices and juice for all the kids.

I cannot help but notice how long her fingers are. I know it is not the same as pointy elbows, but still.... :P

But for myself...I am a sucker for a lady in a sweater.  :blush:
Off the Record / Re: [Canada] Canadian Politics...
Last post by crazy canuck - Today at 08:13:47 PM
I think this description from the Globe accurately describes what PP did

"When Mr. Fergus asked him to withdraw the unparliamentary term, Mr. Poilievre instead said he would replace the term with "extremist." But that's the kind of non-withdrawal the Speakers have been rejecting for decades, and Mr. Poilievre, a veteran of 20 years in the Commons, knows it. It would have been easy enough to say he withdrew the unparliamentary word – MPs do so it all the time, with wildly varying degrees of sincerity – but he obviously wanted to be suspended."
Off the Record / Re: Vote in the Catalan electi...
Last post by Tonitrus - Today at 08:13:47 PM
Quote from: Josquius on April 29, 2024, 10:55:05 AMI think it depends on age for me.
20-something woman with a cross necklace: Probably a fundamentalist (assuming the rest of her clothes are conservative of course. I have ran across the occasional goth or other sort wearing one just for fashion).
50+ woman with a cross necklace: Very probably just something that belonged to her mother or she got as a teenager or the like and in no way indicative of her beliefs.

I have a work colleague from Lebanon who wears a cross. Given the particulars of that country, I would think that is an example of being very telling, if not necessarily of one's beliefs, but likely of one's identity/background.
Last post by crazy canuck - Today at 07:58:19 PM
The most rational thing is to be disgusted by the antics of both parties at the moment
Last post by HVC - Today at 07:50:26 PM
Quote from: viper37 on Today at 07:45:45 PMPP has a short fuse.

And he's making a show in chambers, with another mp, to get expelled, then whine, as any good conservative would do this day.

Disgusting.

He's making a mockery of our institutions instead of attempting to reforming them

Your journey of turning into a liberal is coming along nicely :ph34r: :P
Last post by viper37 - Today at 07:45:45 PM
PP has a short fuse.

And he's making a show in chambers, with another mp, to get expelled, then whine, as any good conservative would do this day.

Disgusting.

He's making a mockery of our institutions instead of attempting to reforming them
Off the Record / Re: Brexit and the waning days...
Last post by Sheilbh - Today at 05:58:49 PM
I hate Royal Rail :P And given that only 5% went for that I'm not sure you need to worry about others liking it :lol:

British Rail (mid-century modern and the double arrow logo) or Great British Rail (Art Deco - a murder on every train).
Off the Record / Re: Brexit and the waning days...
Last post by Josquius - Today at 05:54:03 PM
I can't seem to write a big reply on my phone without it spontaneouslt combusting <_<
So about houchen tomorrow.

I quite like Royal Rail.
Though doubtless for different reasons to why others would like it.
It's quite twee and silly. Has vibes of a 1950s comic book.
And quite nice symmetry to see that coming public in a similarish in the grand scope period to royal mail being given away.