News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Off the Record / Re: Israel-Hamas War 2023
Last post by viper37 - Today at 01:36:51 PM
Quote from: Barrister on Today at 11:33:51 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on Today at 09:19:41 AMand yet, that's where they belong. There's only 2 categories with a simple yes no question at the start; Pope?

Orthodox say "hi!".
Some Orthodox have a pope in Alexandria.  ;)
Last post by viper37 - Today at 01:35:30 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on Today at 01:27:17 PMThe Soviets did create an Autonomous Jewish Oblast, never took off much though.
See, that's a model to emulate.  Donald Trump was right all along: You would be wise to be more like Russia and less like Canada, Europe and all these filthy liberal democracies.
Last post by viper37 - Today at 01:34:24 PM
Quote from: Barrister on Today at 11:33:51 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on Today at 09:19:41 AMand yet, that's where they belong. There's only 2 categories with a simple yes no question at the start; Pope?

Orthodox say "hi!".

Beyond that - because "Protestantism" is still the largest faith group in North America pretty handily, it's worthwhile to break it down a little bit more.

That's why there's a distinct society in the northeast corner of that continent. :cool:

But don't let that fool you.  According to OvB, Islam is dominating the US with its 1.2% and they should be expelled.
Off the Record / Re: TV/Movies Megathread
Last post by viper37 - Today at 01:28:03 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on Today at 12:47:17 PMA classic these days?
Absolutely.

Point Break with cars and DVD players instead of parachutes and bank robberies!

It's absolutely fun and Paul Walker was a decent actor.

If only they had not placed Patrick Swayze against impossible odds at the end of Point Break, we might have seen him team up with Keanu Reeves for an international criminal chase involving tanks and nuclear submarines, and who knows?  Maybe even jump in parachute from a space shuttle to the Moon? :sleep:

QuoteEven though it was shot on location in North Portugal (not far from my region),

That explains why I could not recognize anything in Rome!  :P
Last post by OttoVonBismarck - Today at 01:27:17 PM
The Soviets did create an Autonomous Jewish Oblast, never took off much though.
Off the Record / Re: Brexit and the waning days...
Last post by Admiral Yi - Today at 01:26:32 PM
Is this your way of signalling your pivot from sexy young pinko to stodgy middle aged centrist Shelf?
Last post by Razgovory - Today at 01:01:01 PM
Quote from: Barrister on Today at 11:51:18 AMSo on today's campuses one of the big pushes is for "de-colonization" - to return the land to the original inhabitants.

But isn't that exactly what Zionism is trying to do? :ph34r:
They (including this professor), claim that the European Jews have no connection to Palestine.  One of the cries at Columbia is "Go back to Poland". In Poland back in '68 mobs were screaming at "Go back to Zion".

Anyway I like how the guy denies the Soviet persecution of Jews.
Off the Record / Re: TV/Movies Megathread
Last post by Duque de Bragança - Today at 12:47:17 PM
Quote from: viper37 on May 05, 2024, 06:35:25 PMFast X.

I'm trying hard.  I think I've been trying for over a month now, maybe two.  Little by little every now and then I watch a few minutes before I get bored.

If it wasn't for Jason Momoa it would be very dull.  There's a lot of action scenes and car chases as usual, but nothing that ties it together.  It's as if the writers of this movie and the writers of Jurassic World III attended school together.  Or had a drug-induced revelation on how to make a "good" movie. 

I suspect there was a lot of smoke in the writers room.

Even though it was shot on location in North Portugal (not far from my region), part of it at least, I could not bring myself to watch it.

Incidentally, one of the best cinema venues is going for a road movie cycle and will screen the first Fast and Furious. A classic these days?  :lol:
Arte, the Franco-German cultural channel, has the whole evening dedicated to it.:)
Over here, for once, the crappy M6 channel shows a movie, and a pretty good one, Die Hard.

Back in the day, they used to get their best ratings with the likes of Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren.  :D
Last post by Duque de Bragança - Today at 12:40:24 PM

QuoteOrthodox say "hi!".
Good point, but they are closer to catholics than to protestants, anyways.

QuoteBeyond that - because "Protestantism" is still the largest faith group in North America pretty handily, it's worthwhile to break it down a little bit more.

Not sure it is that handily, since North America includes (most of) Mexico.  :smarty: Not to mention Catholics further north.