Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Armor really is obsolete.  That Russian tank is fucked.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

I don't get the big glow stick coming out of his mouth.

The Larch

Malthus

Quote from: Jacob on April 17, 2022, 10:49:44 PMSo apparently this is Chinese anti-American propaganda:

... makes the US look pretty damn cool

Damn. I love how this makes no sense whatsoever. Though I do wish the xenomorph throne was a thing!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 18, 2022, 07:50:38 AMI don't get the big glow stick coming out of his mouth.

It's for decanting the wine.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Brain

He's shooting a Lego piece, but beyond than that I'm not sure.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

DGuller

It's hard to imagine that soil can say anything meaningful, if a common saying is to be believed.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Kinda confusing...  "OUI" is French for "YES".  :P

(Maine uses Operating Under influence instead of DUI)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on April 22, 2022, 11:12:56 AM

I was confused as well.

But this is as good a time as any for one of my pet peeves - Canada does not use the term DUI.  Our equivalent is DWI - driving while impaired.  But for short form we typically just call it "impaired".  As in - I have an impaired trial on Monday (which I do!).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

ulmont

Quote from: Barrister on April 22, 2022, 11:32:57 AMBut this is as good a time as any for one of my pet peeves - Canada does not use the term DUI.  Our equivalent is DWI - driving while impaired.  But for short form we typically just call it "impaired".  As in - I have an impaired trial on Monday (which I do!).

We're all over the map between DUI (driving under the influence), DWI (driving while intoxicated), DWI (driving while impaired), OUI (operating a vehicle under the influence), and OWI (operating while impaired).

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on April 22, 2022, 11:12:56 AM

That's amazing especially as Maine traditionally had francophone towns in the border areas (not sure if it still does but even so you don't have to be fluent to get the joke)
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."