What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Seems Speaker Magic Johnson has passed a bill to fund the government through January and February. Almost all the democrats voted for it along with 127 republicans. He basically did what got McCarthy kicked out of the speakership, though now there doesn't seem to be any appetite among the Republicans to repeat that mistake.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Sophie Scholl

Reuters headline of an article I read, "Biden voters say more motivated to stop Trump than to support president". Like... yup. And yet Democrats haven't provided any alternatives or really tried selling Biden. It seems like Democrats are really dropping the ball in terms of any type of messaging or hyping up the electorate unless I've missed something. I know the election is just under a year away, but... the election is just under a year away. Get on it, people. If you're going to force Biden on us, at least make it so he'll win.  :(

(Said article: https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-voters-say-more-motivated-stop-trump-than-support-president-reutersipsos-2023-11-15/ )
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Josquius

QuoteReuters headline of an article I read, "Biden voters say more motivated to stop Trump than to support president". Like... yup. And yet Democrats haven't provided any alternatives or really tried selling Biden. It seems like Democrats are really dropping the ball in terms of any type of messaging or hyping up the electorate unless I've missed something. I know the election is just under a year away, but... the election is just under a year away. Get on it, people. If you're going to force Biden on us, at least make it so he'll win.  :(
I wonder though is this not a smart strategy?
Fear is a really powerful motivator.
Even if you pay attention and see Biden is doing a decent job I have to say I prefer "Stop the end of democracy" vs. "Slow and steady improvements"

Quote from: The Brain on November 14, 2023, 04:55:53 AMWith Trump potential death or disability makes him more attractive to sane people, with Biden it's the other way around.
:D
True
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

"not the other guy" seems a pretty standard main motivation for voting on someone anywhere, coming in just after "we haven't tried this one yet".

Admiral Yi

Santos says he will not seek reelection.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 16, 2023, 06:49:45 PMSantos says he will not seek reelection.

How far can one get on just bullshit? Pretty far.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

From the report, some text messages between Santos and an aide (I am unclear which one is Santos):

The table of contents from the Santos vulnerabilities report - prepared by his own campaign:

He used campaign funds to pay for botox, Hermes goods and for smaller purchases at OnlyFans and Sephora :lol:

It's probably for the best that he's not running for re-election. On the other hand.... :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

Saw a screenshot of a OF creator for George's contributor profile to her and it was 435k$
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

I assume from the Twitter handle but could be a he.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

Soo....apparently what should have been a classified presentation on why the US needed to pass a bill for Ukraine aid, including an appearance from zelensky, completely fell apart with 12 republicans being pissed off the briefing didn't include something about border security despite not asking for that, and chosing to show their disappointment by screaming and shouting and wrecking the whole briefing?

Just read about this on telegram so no idea how much of it is true. Aught seen elsewhere?
██████
██████
██████

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Josquius on December 06, 2023, 11:43:55 AMSoo....apparently what should have been a classified presentation in why the US needed to pass a bill for Ukraine aid, including an appearance from zelensky, completely fell apart with 12 republicans being pissed off the briefing didn't include something about border security despite not asking for that, and chosing to show their disappointment by screaming and shouting and wrecking the whole briefing?

Just read about this on telegram so no idea how much of it is true. Aught seen elsewhere?

Only seen a title of youtube that indicated that zelensky had canceled an appearance in the US. Couldn't watch it yet, but it might be that