News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Off the Record / Re: The Off Topic Topic
Last post by Josquius - May 11, 2024, 05:58:43 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on May 11, 2024, 05:53:56 PM
Quote from: Josquius on May 11, 2024, 05:48:56 PMSurprising results. Thought Finland would do alright.
Guess the fun vote all went Croatia and the gay and musical theatre vote Switzerland?
Croatia seemingly got the rock vote too. Poor Norway.
Also impact of some people boycotting, plus proper campaign for Israel to get the popular vote.

As ever it's a show about European politics pretending to be about songs :lol: (Still remember Conchita Wurst v Russia after Putin's anti-LGBT+ laws and invasion of Crimea.)

But then why Switzerland?
In a time of everyone hating everyone they get it by default?
Incidentally why were Germany booed?

It was a shock Israel got so many.
And the Dutch banning... From what I've heard insanely harsh. Though I don't have the details.

Honestly not too upset about this song. Perhaps influenced by my ecstatic girlfriend. Been like a world cup final.

But seriously as said the guy could do without the rap but I did like aspects of the song. Certainly preferable to the usual generic tosh like Loreen.
Wouldn't have been my choice but the guy has skills.
Last post by Sheilbh - May 11, 2024, 05:53:56 PM
Quote from: Josquius on May 11, 2024, 05:48:56 PMSurprising results. Thought Finland would do alright.
Guess the fun vote all went Croatia and the gay and musical theatre vote Switzerland?
Also impact of some people boycotting, plus proper campaign for Israel to get the popular vote.

As ever it's a show about European politics pretending to be about songs :lol: (Still remember Conchita Wurst v Russia after Putin's anti-LGBT+ laws and invasion of Crimea.)
Last post by garbon - May 11, 2024, 05:53:48 PM
 :swiss:
Last post by Legbiter - May 11, 2024, 05:49:35 PM
 :ultra:
Last post by Josquius - May 11, 2024, 05:48:56 PM
Surprising results. Thought Finland would do alright.
Last post by Sheilbh - May 11, 2024, 05:47:03 PM
:weep: :( <_<
Last post by Sheilbh - May 11, 2024, 05:38:32 PM
A disgrace - all hopes resting on Ireland or Croatia now :(
Last post by HVC - May 11, 2024, 05:34:10 PM
What makes Austria particularly gay? The burly dancers? The blond singer? you guys like blondes more than even straight men :lol:
Last post by Josquius - May 11, 2024, 05:17:37 PM
I've had it identified to me that Austrias hair and makeup was taken from Arianna grande. The costume remains unknown.

Quote from: Legbiter on May 11, 2024, 05:15:46 PMYeah that Swiss zoomer is inexplicably popular with the national juries. :hmm:

I get it. The guy has skill. He was hitting some Mika-Freddie Mercury high notes at the start and then he was doing some really physical prancing about whilst keeping up a totally steady voice.

I don't think he'll do so well with the public. That's where the fun songs will shine. But the judges will be pros rewarding technical skill more.
Last post by Legbiter - May 11, 2024, 05:15:46 PM
Yeah that Swiss zoomer is inexplicably popular with the national juries. :hmm: