News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucidor

Quote from: Josquius on February 15, 2024, 04:40:43 PMIsn't Lucid just a dodgy stock market pump and dump?
Certainly not...  ;)

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Zanza

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 20, 2024, 10:23:47 PM
Quote from: Zanza on February 20, 2024, 08:14:51 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 20, 2024, 06:22:56 PMReport today that Ford and Tesla are getting into a price war.

That is something Ford has the resources to outlast.
Ford's Q4/23 figures do not sound like they have more stamina for a price war than Tesla. Or maybe I am missing why you think they could outlast Tesla?

It's simple really, Ford has higher margin vehicles that drive its profits. Tesla has only this line of vehicles.

What do you refer to here? Tesla's BEV vehicles have better margins than Ford's ICE vehicles.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Zanza on February 24, 2024, 05:40:42 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 20, 2024, 10:23:47 PM
Quote from: Zanza on February 20, 2024, 08:14:51 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 20, 2024, 06:22:56 PMReport today that Ford and Tesla are getting into a price war.

That is something Ford has the resources to outlast.
Ford's Q4/23 figures do not sound like they have more stamina for a price war than Tesla. Or maybe I am missing why you think they could outlast Tesla?

It's simple really, Ford has higher margin vehicles that drive its profits. Tesla has only this line of vehicles.

What do you refer to here? Tesla's BEV vehicles have better margins than Ford's ICE vehicles.

The price war has just started andTesla has started cutting its prices which will necessarily cut its margins. Ford is cutting its prices on its vehicle not its internal combustion engines.

Jacob

Article saying that the Chinese car industry is well poised at the moment vs European and American companies: https://www.businessinsider.com/china-xi-jinping-crush-tesla-elon-musk-american-ev-industry-2024-2

I guess a big question is how much US will rely on even higher tariffs, and how effective they'll be. Chinese EV manufacturers may set up shop in Mexico to take advantage of local free trade agreements.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on February 26, 2024, 11:18:21 AMArticle saying that the Chinese car industry is well poised at the moment vs European and American companies: https://www.businessinsider.com/china-xi-jinping-crush-tesla-elon-musk-american-ev-industry-2024-2

I guess a big question is how much US will rely on even higher tariffs, and how effective they'll be. Chinese EV manufacturers may set up shop in Mexico to take advantage of local free trade agreements.

Simply setting up shop in Mexico is not guaranteed end run into the North American free trade zone.  There are unit limits built into the current trade agreement, which would make such a strategy untenable for China and for the existing manufacturers in Mexico.

Zanza

Chinese competition catching up fast has been a major theme for about five years, and the decade before that for parts.

From what I've heard, their prime target for exports this and next year will actually not be triad markets (US, WEU, JP), but rather the "global south". The US and EU actually do have quite high non-tariff market entry barriers in addition to tariffs. However, the Chinese will of course be able to overcome these eventually unless additional ones are created just to deter them. But that's tough as the Western car makers still rely heavily on the Chinese market.

Zoupa

Barrister

Man he really thinks a lot of himself, doesn't he.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Is that a recent post? Isn't that meme format ancient?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Is that what he thinks he's doing?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

I wish the left had even a fraction of the power these nuts claim to believe it does.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zoupa

Texas Election Code, Art. 276.001 prohibits anyone from directing another person how to vote and from asking how the person voted.  The statute specifically prohibits one who has "authority in the scope of employment" from telling another how to vote.  That means employers.