News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

He and some other Libertarian/closet Right whinger want to buy Disney now?
PDH!

crazy canuck

JR, does the US prohibit maintenance and champerty?

FunkMonk

Quote from: DGuller on February 02, 2024, 03:06:37 AMI'm still not onboard with mocking Musk's credentials as a business executive, which conveniently everyone started doing only after he lifted his mask on his political views.  To be honest, when people mock Berkut's 50 Musks line, in my mind they mock themselves, not Berkut.  Henry Ford didn't become a much worse businessman, prospectively and retrospectively, after he started publishing antisemitic screeds.

Yeah but you have to admit it's really really funny the way things have unfolded.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

crazy canuck

So when I mock somebody for claiming, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that a particular person is a "great man", I am actually mocking myself.

Well self, get ready for more mocking.  I'm not gonna stop calling bullshit when I hear it.

OttoVonBismarck

FWIW I'm not familiar with many mainstream criticisms of Henry Ford as a businessman, his businesses never seemed to outright hurt themselves because of Ford deciding to speculate with vast sums of money on nonsense related to Ford's personal quirks or obsessions. Ford also was far more of an operations man than Musk has ever been, Ford's main focus in life was not hyping up the stock price of Ford motors (in fact it was a privately held company until 9 years after his death--Ford largely made his personal wealth off the profitable returns of his business, not on stock holdings being juiced up by speculators.)

Ford is typically criticized for being a big asshole as a person, and a virulent antisemite.

grumbler

We should keep ion mind that Berkut's line was written before Musk brought down twitter.  Before Musk went insane, it was not unreasonable to want to see more like him (though there was an equally viable line of reasoning that said his accomplishments were not replicable by additional Musks). Berkut has acknowledged that he was wrong about Musk.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on February 08, 2024, 10:38:32 AMWe should keep ion mind that Berkut's line was written before Musk brought down twitter.  Before Musk went insane, it was not unreasonable to want to see more like him (though there was an equally viable line of reasoning that said his accomplishments were not replicable by additional Musks). Berkut has acknowledged that he was wrong about Musk.

He also said it though after I started this thread. A thread that started with Musk calling people pedophiles because they didn't want to play with his high tech sub.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

No one could know what Musk was really like... except the majority of the posters of this thread.

As for acknowledging anything, he only did so after a year of lurking and ridicule. Half heartedly at that.

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Zanza

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on February 08, 2024, 10:21:38 AMFord deciding to speculate with vast sums of money on nonsense related to Ford's personal quirks or obsessions.
There were some quirks at least:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fordl%C3%A2ndia

FunkMonk

The 50 Musks line is honestly pretty meme-worthy. He is lucky he said it here and not Twitter because it would've been immortalized on knowyourmeme.com. As it is, it's just a funny ribbing that is par for the course on Languish.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HVC

Musk moves Neuralinks incorporation from Delaware to Nevada to protect his future malfeasance :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

I mean, I guess the easiest way for the border to move is for one side to stop fighting. 

Josquius

Yes. Russia rolling over Ukraine would absolutely result in no more young Ukrainian men dying or just disappearing. That's definitely something that would happen out of that.
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

Quote from: Josquius on February 14, 2024, 09:30:34 AMYes. Russia rolling over Ukraine would absolutely result in no more young Ukrainian men dying or just disappearing. That's definitely something that would happen out of that.

To be fair then it would not just be young men dying, but also children, women and the elderly. Equal opportunity!