News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Many commentators in Sweden observe that this might be kind of a rearguard action for the unions. They have been hemorrhaging members for years, and young people don't have the 20th century mindset of the union glory days.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Zanza on November 28, 2023, 12:02:22 AMWhat I find surprising is that Postal workers selectively boycotting a third company is legal. I think here you can only strike about your own job (or at least own industry) conditions.

Yes, that bit that Jacob says is legal in Sweden is not legal in Canada.

Zoupa

Musk is now sharing Pizzagate content.  :mellow:

Somehow I don't think we're going to Mars, guys.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on November 27, 2023, 06:51:29 PMMaybe (probably) I used the wrong legal term there :D

Tesla is suing the Swedish state (and others, but not the union) for not delivering the license plates. The issuing authority has a contract with Post Nord to deliver the plates, but the unionized workers at Post Nord refuses to deliver them (which is legal). Tesla has some argument that the issuing authority is at fault. While this is being worked out in the courts (and it will take a while), a judge has issued a [insert appropriate legal term here that may not be "injunction"] that Tesla is allowed to pick up the license plates from the issuing authority.

As far as I understand it, the union has not done anything contrary to the law.

That all sounded a bit confusing so I looked into it a bit.

There are actually two separate court proceedings.  One against the Postal service for denial of service to Tesla.  The other, which is the one you commented on is against the transport agency. 

The Court has not yet made a decision in the action for damages against the Postal service and the court has decided not to issue an injunction in those proceedings until the Postal service has had an opportunity to respond to the materials Tesla has filed with the court.  It is this action that the question of the legality of the refusal to provide postal service will be decided.  And so your comment that it is legal is still a question to be decided by the court.

In the meantime the court did issue an injunction against the transport authority (what in Canada we would call a mandatory injunction which requires some action) ordering it to deliver the plates directly to Telsa rather than through the Postal service.  But that injunction doesn't tell us anything about the legality of the actions of the Postal refusal of service.

Jacob

Thanks for looking into it an clarifying :)

Also, I'm relieved to learn that I did use the term "injunction" correctly.

HVC

Quote from: Zoupa on November 28, 2023, 12:03:32 PMMusk is now sharing Pizzagate content.  :mellow:

Might still get there, definitely won't be any Jewish colonists though.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Zoupa on November 28, 2023, 12:03:32 PMMusk is now sharing Pizzagate content.  :mellow:

Thankfully, Shotwell calls most of the shots for SpaceX
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Quote from: HVC on November 28, 2023, 11:34:13 PM

Maybe that's the plan? It's all 3D chess. Make the prospects for earth terrible enough minorities want to leave.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Josquius on November 29, 2023, 02:36:29 AM

Maybe that's the plan? It's all 3D chess. Make the prospects for earth terrible enough minorities want to leave.

Worse than has already been done? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on November 29, 2023, 02:37:37 AM
Quote from: Josquius on November 29, 2023, 02:36:29 AM

Worse than has already been done? :huh:
Never under-estimate the hold-my-beer-ability of the nutty right.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Josquius on November 29, 2023, 04:12:02 AMNever under-estimate the hold-my-beer-ability of the nutty right.

I doubt he can out do the Holocaust. :mellow:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on November 29, 2023, 04:22:40 AM
Quote from: Josquius on November 29, 2023, 04:12:02 AMNever under-estimate the hold-my-beer-ability of the nutty right.

The holocaust is happening? :unsure:
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Josquius on November 29, 2023, 04:23:19 AM
Quote from: garbon on November 29, 2023, 04:22:40 AM

The holocaust is happening? :unsure:

Minorities are resilient. They/we can outlast Musk. He may act foolish and irresponsibly but I doubt he thinks otherwise.

Zoupa

Elon Musk in response to advertisers like Disney pulling their ads on Twitter/X:

"Don't advertise...go fuck yourself. Go. Fuck. Yourself. Is that clear?"

Don't do drugs, kids.