Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Why is the frog-man attacking an American flag?

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 21, 2023, 11:57:59 AMGen Xers man. Jesus christ.

Musk is emblematic of my generation?  I don't think so.

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on November 21, 2023, 12:01:48 PMMan child
I don't want to push this too far - but could bullying be a solution? :P
Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 21, 2023, 01:36:38 PMI don't want to push this too far - but could bullying be a solution? :P

I don't know if it's a solution, but it'd be both just and satisfying.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

Yeah, this is something a 15 year old edgelord would do.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Listening to an old podcast from 2019. The hosts go on a tangemt about Musk a bit and how during the incident with the cave trapped kids in Thailand, instead of donating money to the rescue efforts he wanted to be the guy who comes up with his own cool solution from scratch and went on a tantrum when rejected. The hosts say that whatever else his merits, he seems to be really an innovator when it comes to embarrassing himself, and that he should basically just stay away from Twitter. :lol: :cry: :ph34r:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

Like Napoleon, Musk is the ultimate example of masculine insecurity.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Jacob

The Swedish solidarity blockade against Tesla are now in effect. I saw it mentioned somewhere that Sweden is Tesla's 5th largest market. Maybe not that significant as it's only about 2% of Tesla American sales.

Potentially inconveniently for Musk, the Guardian reports:
QuoteTheir fight against Tesla's anti-union business model could now spread to Germany, where Tesla runs factories and has a significantly larger workforce. The powerful German union IG Metall has said that it is ready to launch collective bargaining negotiations if the workers demand it.

Germany is Tesla's most significant European market. Not as big as the US or China, but labour action there may end up being a bit inconvenient.

Jacob

Apparently new license plates in Sweden are delivered by mail exclusively. Postal workers are refusing to deliver mail to Tesla, meaning no new Teslas can be registered in Sweden.

HVC

I'm cool with the other unions (I especially find the janitors refusing to cleab funny) but feel weird with the postal worker stuff. Mail seems sacred. Don't know why.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.