News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on November 16, 2023, 11:30:18 PM
Quote from: grumbler on November 16, 2023, 10:27:29 PMI suspect that it is the monotony of the insults here that bored him.  It bores me, as well, so I come here much less often than I used to.

Geez. Sorry man. Are there any insults in particular you want me to use more often?

Can't speak for him, but I'm partial to yo mama jokes
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Jacob

Quote from: HVC on November 16, 2023, 11:33:48 PMCan't speak for him, but I'm partial to yo mama jokes.

So's yo mama.

:lmfao:

Syt

What about Yo-Yo Ma jokes? But I would hate to string you along. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Minsky Moment

Back on topic(?) I find at amusing that at the same time Musk was making his bizarre claim that the ADL "attacks the majority of the West," Musk was conducting his own staunch defense of the West and its values by groveling before the Red Emperor Xi.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 17, 2023, 02:49:15 AMBack on topic(?) I find at amusing that at the same time Musk was making his bizarre claim that the ADL "attacks the majority of the West," Musk was conducting his own staunch defense of the West and its values by groveling before the Red Emperor Xi.

Jump the Shark called to tell you that is so six months ago.

The Minsky Moment

Musk met Xi in SF six months ago?  :hmm:
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 17, 2023, 02:49:15 AMBack on topic(?) I find at amusing that at the same time Musk was making his bizarre claim that the ADL "attacks the majority of the West," Musk was conducting his own staunch defense of the West and its values by groveling before the Red Emperor Xi.
Yes. Plus the Tesla factories and the Saudi money, it's the side of Musk's ownership I find most concerning. Interesting to see what's going on in test cases - e.g. Twitter's response to authorities in, say, India or Turkey.

And not to bang my drum too obsessively. But in the context of free speech and the internet I think there's a real risk in handing basically quasi-regulatory power to the platforms. I'm really not sure that their interests, see Musk or Zuckerberg (handing out copies of Xi Jinping thought to other execs), are necessarily aligned to the interests or priorities of a democratic society - we can't privatise our values.
Let's bomb Russia!

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Tamas on November 16, 2023, 03:40:11 AMI am also disappointed this thread is still here, disproving our thesis that the old one was destroyed on Musk's orders.

More like I keep forgetting to go spelunking in the DB to try and recover the old posts :P

Jacob

Meanwhile in Sweden, Tesla management has succeeded in triggering collective union action against them by bringing in strikebreakers. Cleaning unions are refusing to clean Tesla premises, dockworkers are refusing to unload Teslas at the docks, postal workers are refusing to deliver to Tesla facilities and so on. In a similar situation against Toys R Us in the 90s, the financial worker union stopped processing Toys R Us transactions - I'm not sure whether that's the case with Tesla right now.

Apparently the main union that has called the strike action has increased strike pay to 130% of normal pay for the workers (the additional 30% to cover lost benefits), and has stated that their strike fund has enough money to cover the striking workers for 500 years.

Josquius

Quote from: Jacob on November 17, 2023, 10:50:19 AMMeanwhile in Sweden, Tesla management has succeeded in triggering collective union action against them by bringing in strikebreakers. Cleaning unions are refusing to clean Tesla premises, dockworkers are refusing to unload Teslas at the docks, postal workers are refusing to deliver to Tesla facilities and so on. In a similar situation against Toys R Us in the 90s, the financial worker union stopped processing Toys R Us transactions - I'm not sure whether that's the case with Tesla right now.

Apparently the main union that has called the strike action has increased strike pay to 130% of normal pay for the workers (the additional 30% to cover lost benefits), and has stated that their strike fund has enough money to cover the striking workers for 500 years.

It'll

Huzzah!
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

First Elon got our thread, now he got Jacob mid-post? :unsure:  Is there anything this incredibly gifted individual who's really a gift to us all can't accomplish?  :)

Jacob

Quote from: DGuller on November 17, 2023, 11:00:58 AMFirst Elon got our thread, now he got Jacob mid-post? :unsure:  Is there anything this incredibly gifted individual who's really a gift to us all can't accomplish?  :)

:ph34r:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on November 08, 2023, 11:06:05 AMI thought a whole bunch of IC vehicles actually gained value on the used market in the last few years. Seems like Tesla's fared quite poorly relative to a number of other vehicles in terms of depreciation.

As the range and efficiency of electric batteries increases, charging rates speed up, and overall comfort of the cars increases, those older models are never going to hold their value relative to IC cars - the IC engine is not encountering the sort of technological leaps that occur in the EV market.

Jacob

crazy canuck

The New York Times is reporting that advertisers are leaving X in droves as a result of Musk's endorsement of the antisemitic post.

Musk is learning, or rather finding out, in real time that speech does have consequences, no matter how freely it is exercised. And I suppose more to the point, if not exercised in a way that is thoughtful.