And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on July 12, 2023, 03:49:10 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 12, 2023, 02:57:28 PM
Quote from: HVC on July 12, 2023, 11:22:49 AMI think he's actually won some tournies. Still I imagined him as a lanky computer nerd :D

I mean he still is - he's just a really fit, lanky, computer nerd.
A really fit, lanky, computer nerd VS a pot smoking loudmouth engineer.
Should be an interesting 1 minute 30 seconds fight.

I feel like I need to point out that Musk is a pot smoking loudmouth.  He's not an engineer.  He has bachelor degrees in physics and economics.

Zuckerberg on the other hand dropped out of Harvard computer science once Facebook started growing.  So I guess computer nerd still works.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

If zucks pulls of a "why are you hitting yourself" during the match it'll be glorious.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Jacob

Are they actually going to fight? It's not just internet posturing?

HVC

Quote from: Jacob on July 12, 2023, 04:02:17 PMAre they actually going to fight? It's not just internet posturing?

Probably not. More so because I don't think musk would. But it'd really be funny to watch. All 30 seconds of it. 
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on July 12, 2023, 04:02:17 PMAre they actually going to fight? It's not just internet posturing?

Almost certainly just Musk shitposting.

Zuck might have actually done it.  But then again it's clear he'd win.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: HVC on July 12, 2023, 04:03:12 PM

Probably not. More so because I don't think musk would. But it'd really be funny to watch. All 30 seconds of it. 
Musk hired Georges St-Pierre to train him.  Assuming GSP doesn't resign before the presumed fight, he's going to last at least 1min.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on July 12, 2023, 03:58:44 PM
Quote from: viper37 on July 12, 2023, 03:49:10 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 12, 2023, 02:57:28 PM
Quote from: HVC on July 12, 2023, 11:22:49 AMI think he's actually won some tournies. Still I imagined him as a lanky computer nerd :D

I mean he still is - he's just a really fit, lanky, computer nerd.
A really fit, lanky, computer nerd VS a pot smoking loudmouth engineer.
Should be an interesting 1 minute 30 seconds fight.

I feel like I need to point out that Musk is a pot smoking loudmouth.  He's not an engineer.  He has bachelor degrees in physics and economics.

Zuckerberg on the other hand dropped out of Harvard computer science once Facebook started growing.  So I guess computer nerd still works.
Duly noted.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tonitrus

I cannot tell how pointy the elbows are, but man do those knees look like raw meat.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on July 12, 2023, 05:50:40 PM
Quote from: HVC on July 12, 2023, 04:03:12 PM

Musk hired Georges St-Pierre to train him.  Assuming GSP doesn't resign before the presumed fight, he's going to last at least 1min.

For the training to have any effect on performance Elon would have to actually train, unlike most of his accomplishments he cannot simply take credit for the work of others and hope to survive.

Admiral Yi

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 12, 2023, 08:34:00 PM
Quote from: viper37 on July 12, 2023, 05:50:40 PMMusk hired Georges St-Pierre to train him.  Assuming GSP doesn't resign before the presumed fight, he's going to last at least 1min.

For the training to have any effect on performance Elon would have to actually train, unlike most of his accomplishments he cannot simply take credit for the work of others and hope to survive.
That's why I said "assuming he doesn't resign".  If Musk isn't serious in his training, GSP will quit.

crazy canuck

Why would he turn down money for nothing?  He already apparently accepted money to work with Musk, once you take that plunge why why would he stop?

Sheilbh

And Musk is building an AI - which explains why he's so antsy about others scraping Twitter (and on that I see the FTC is taking action against OpenAI over the sourcing of its data).
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 14, 2023, 08:53:27 AMAnd Musk is building an AI - which explains why he's so antsy about others scraping Twitter (and on that I see the FTC is taking action against OpenAI over the sourcing of its data).

Aren't there rules against using your interests in unrelated companies unfairly?

But this isn't just twitter. Reddit's locking down is mostly in response to AI scraping I hear.
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 14, 2023, 06:56:18 AMWhy would he turn down money for nothing?  He already apparently accepted money to work with Musk, once you take that plunge why why would he stop?
Because he is a professional, and he would prefer to work with someone who is serious.  If Musk isn't serious, he will walk away from the money.