News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

What if you ask who wrote something you wrote?

I do remember reading gpt is super English language  biased. Maybe it stretches to ignorance of non English media?
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Josquius on April 20, 2023, 03:35:55 PMWhat if you ask who wrote something you wrote?

I do remember reading gpt is super English language  biased. Maybe it stretches to ignorance of non English media?

I tried the one English language show I wrote, which is on HBO, but it says it doesn't have any record of me working there - I'm listed on imdb, so I guess they didn't use that for training?

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 19, 2023, 07:40:38 PM
Quote from: viper37 on April 19, 2023, 01:54:14 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 19, 2023, 11:32:33 AMThey just can't fathom, that critical reporting of all politicians is sort of what the CBC does.  Its just that the right thinks that means the CBC is taking directions from the left leaning political masters.  But for some reason the PPs of the world, and apparently you, ignore all the critical reporting the CBC does of the NDP and Liberals, not to mention how the CBC's reporting of the Greens debacle was withering.
There is much less criticizing of the Liberal party or the NDP than of the Conservatives or the Bloc at the Federal level.

They even got blamed for their lack of impartiality at the last electoral debate but they refused to apologize for it.

I am not aware of your second point, do you have a link?

I understand that your first point is an opinion widely held on the right.  But do you have anything to substantiate it?
It does not seem to have been reported in English medias.
So here is the French link:
Original text

Translation
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

In addition to his rocket misadventure Musky "lost" 13 billion after Tesla stock dropped 10%. Rough couple of days. Still has plenty, but for an ego like his it personably hurt at least a bit.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

I'm amazed what people put up with. If I were on Twitter I would GTFO.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Hamilcar

It's amazing how quickly Elon is discovering the original purpose of verification.  :lol:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Brain on April 21, 2023, 02:21:04 AMI'm amazed what people put up with. If I were on Twitter I would GTFO.

Perhaps he used his gigantic brain and come up with the insight that Twitter is a de facto monopoly in its space.  No one really wants to leave.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 21, 2023, 06:09:00 AM
Quote from: The Brain on April 21, 2023, 02:21:04 AMI'm amazed what people put up with. If I were on Twitter I would GTFO.

Perhaps he used his gigantic brain and come up with the insight that Twitter is a de facto monopoly in its space.  No one really wants to leave.

Sveriges Radio for instance thinks otherwise.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: Hamilcar on April 20, 2023, 12:15:10 PM
Quote from: Jacob on April 20, 2023, 10:54:41 AM
Quote from: Hamilcar on April 20, 2023, 10:50:14 AMThe real nightmare is that Europeans seem to have a right to force OpenAI et al. to remove their personal data from training under GDPR.

By nightmare you mean "this is super inconvenient for people training AI", right?

Also for existing AI. A deletion request for a person's data from GPT4.... No idea how to do that.

Ask ChatGPT how to do it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on April 21, 2023, 07:17:43 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 21, 2023, 06:09:00 AM

Sveriges Radio for instance thinks otherwise.

NPR and all of its reporters have also left.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on April 21, 2023, 10:56:40 AM
Quote from: Hamilcar on April 20, 2023, 10:50:14 AMThe real nightmare is that Europeans seem to have a right to force OpenAI et al. to remove their personal data from training under GDPR.

By nightmare you mean "this is super inconvenient for people training AI", right?

Also for existing AI. A deletion request for a person's data from GPT4.... No idea how to do that.

The whole "training data for AI" is a fascinating legal argument that doesn't have any obvious answers.

I mean a human can train themselves by reading lots and lots of books - or looking at lots and lots of pictures. And a human would obviously be heavily influenced by same.

AI generated text can sometimes come back with what is basically a complete copy of the data that was presented to them - but not usually.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Hamilcar

Quote from: grumbler on April 21, 2023, 10:56:40 AM

garbon

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/apr/23/twitter-restores-blue-tick-free-of-charge-to-celebrities-in-u-turn

QuoteTwitter restores 'blue tick' free of charge to celebrities in U-turn

Decision to reinstate 'verified' status without distinguishing paid-for from free users prompts criticism for 'false advertising'
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.