News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 12, 2023, 06:46:48 PM
Quote from: Tamas on April 12, 2023, 04:39:21 PMI drink caffeine free diet coke.  :huh:

OK, caffeine free Pepsi Max, but it's kind of the same thing just tastes better.

Sir, you're drinking water. Quit paying PepsiCo markup!

It tastes far better than water and it is a way to come off of my addiction to it. :p used to drink regular Pepsi Max but wanted to reduce my caffeine intake.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on April 13, 2023, 01:21:45 AM

I wonder where the manchild ends and the attention whore begins in him.

Razgovory

This thread is really something.  Every time I look in here Elon Musk is being a Douche.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Larch

QuoteTwitter, Inc. is now X Corp.

Twitter, Inc. is now called X Corp., according to a court filing in California.

Since Twitter is no longer a public company, it does not have to report updates like name changes to the SEC. But in any case, the new name was spotted in an April 4 document related to far-right activist Laura Loomer's lawsuit against Twitter and Facebook.

"Twitter, Inc. has been merged into X Corp. and no longer exists," the document states.

Elon Musk, who purchased Twitter for $44 billion last year, has aspired to build what he calls "X, the everything app." This proposed app might look like China's WeChat, which supports messaging, payments, ridesharing, food delivery and other services all in one app. Musk has applauded WeChat for its convenience and utility, yet its unique dominance could be impossible to replicate outside of China. The name also harks back to X.com, Musk's financial services startup that spun into PayPal.

This move could be seen as the next step toward Musk building his super app, but the mogul does not have a great track record with following through on his plans. Yet the name change is not unprecedented. As CEO of Tesla, Musk has shown that vertical integration is well-loved page in his playbook — just look how many subsidiaries the car company has.

For now, Twitter is riddled with enough bugs to keep its skeleton crew of engineers busy, while the revamped Twitter Blue subscription is not pulling in the revenue it needs. Even if Twitter is now part of the X Corp., the proposed X app seems very far off.

Jacob

But will you be able to play Xbox games on the app?

celedhring

Quote from: Jacob on April 13, 2023, 09:53:25 AMBut will you be able to play Xbox games on the app?

Or watch X-rated films  :shifty:

Jacob

Or use it for xray vision.

... but anyhow, it seems he's pretty close. He's got Twitter and Paypal. He'll just have to buy Uber to have the ordering/ going places piece.

What other leading app economy companies would he have to buy to get critical mass for the functionality he's looking for? I think Alphabet and Google may be a bit out of his range.

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on April 13, 2023, 11:32:20 AMOr use it for xray vision.

... but anyhow, it seems he's pretty close. He's got Twitter and Paypal. He'll just have to buy Uber to have the ordering/ going places piece.

What other leading app economy companies would he have to buy to get critical mass for the functionality he's looking for? I think Alphabet and Google may be a bit out of his range.

He doesn't have Paypal.  Paypal was sold to EBay in 2002.  That's where he got his money to invest in SpaceX and Tesla.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Seems a bit of a misstep in his quest. He'll have to outcompete both Uber and PayPal?

Or alternately convince them to collaborate based on his vision and leadership track record.

Josquius

Quote from: Jacob on April 13, 2023, 01:44:40 PMSeems a bit of a misstep in his quest. He'll have to outcompete both Uber and PayPal?

Or alternately convince them to collaborate based on his vision and leadership track record.

How is PayPal managing to keep going these days anyway?
Given the ease of direct bank transfers in the 21st century so much of its previous necessity seems to have gone, and this is a field with a lot of stuff going on that looks destined to further eat into it.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Josquius on April 13, 2023, 02:01:48 PM
Quote from: Jacob on April 13, 2023, 01:44:40 PMSeems a bit of a misstep in his quest. He'll have to outcompete both Uber and PayPal?

Given the ease of direct bank transfers in the 21st century so much of its previous necessity seems to have gone, and this is a field with a lot of stuff going on that looks destined to further eat into it.

It's still great to avoid paying huge comissions on international money transfers.

Hamilcar

Crime.

The USP of all these online payment systems (and cryptocurrencies) is crime.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Hamilcar on April 13, 2023, 02:03:05 PM

Crime.

Tamas

Crime.

Lol no. That's cryptos field now I am fairly certain.

PayPal is good for not having to provide your credit card details for every random website you order from. It's for security, not crime. Even for trustworthy sites I find it better to use PayPal instead of saving my card details with the site or my browser, or Hod forbid having to type it in every time.

celedhring

Quote from: Tamas on April 14, 2023, 02:55:33 AM

Crime.

Lol no. That's cryptos field now I am fairly certain.

PayPal is good for not having to provide your credit card details for every random website you order from. It's for security, not crime. Even for trustworthy sites I find it better to use PayPal instead of saving my card details with the site or my browser, or Hod forbid having to type it in every time.

Yeah, that's my use case too. I find myself using Paypal quite often for both safety and comfort.