News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on December 17, 2022, 01:41:11 AM
Quote from: Jacob on December 16, 2022, 09:15:01 PMWhen bowing out do folks typically take steps to deactivate theirbacciut, or does it just mean "never log in again"?

For me, I deactivated it. You then have 30 days to re-activate it before it gets deleted and your handle becomes available for registering again.
In 30 days I'll take your name and people will think I'm the real Syt!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

I expect I will want to be using it next year when the Ukraine war heats up again.

Zanza

I am using nitter to read some Twitter feeds. No ads either.

FunkMonk

Most of my online interactions are on various Discord servers nowadays. Twitter is only used for some soccer news and occasionally I'll scroll through my unfiltered feed to catch some reactions to Elon's now-daily beclowning of himself.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Legbiter

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 17, 2022, 09:08:34 AMMost of my online interactions are on various Discord servers nowadays. Twitter is only used for some soccer news and occasionally I'll scroll through my unfiltered feed to catch some reactions to Elon's now-daily beclowning of himself.

I use an observer account to keep up with Ukraine and a few scholars I like. I ruthlessly block American culture war smoothbrains (both shitlibs and conservatards) when I accidentally come across them as well as all political NPCs. I get my latest Elon gossip from here. :D
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Syt

Yeah, I guess for following some news etc. it might be better to keep it for now. -_-
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

I am just waiting for the creation of the ESPN mastodon server. Most of my twitter activity revolves around sports, which so far is unaffected by Elon's war on decency.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

OttoVonBismarck

I see Elon getting into it with Adam Schiff now. I think the biggest problem I personally see in Elon is he has zero ability to not respond, and seems oblivious to the power of just not engaging with everything negative said about him.

I'm not even sure what he thinks he's accomplishing with some of this--politicians in modern day politics basically live in the sewer, they are being insulted and berated all day every single day. Your random Tweet isn't "dunking" on anyone, it's just bringing you down to that level of discourse and getting you dirty too. It really does not make sense for anyone to be wading into those waters unless they also plan to run for elected office--it truly makes no sense at all for a businessman whose two chief businesses is one where you need a tight relationship with the U.S. government and another where you need broad consumer appeal. He is attacking both things on an almost daily basis.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on December 18, 2022, 09:17:33 AMYeah, I guess for following some news etc. it might be better to keep it for now. -_-
Foiled again. :cry:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Larch

So now Elon is banning people who advertise links to other social media platforms on Twitter. Aaah, the free speech absolutist...

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on December 18, 2022, 05:32:34 PMSo now Elon is banning people who advertise links to other social media platforms on Twitter. Aaah, the free speech absolutist...

I have also noticed that all the free speech platforms that were created earlier in opposition to Twitter censorship also seem to be very ban happy. Which might be interpreted that they were being disingenuous about the free speech thing. Not to be uncharitable or anything.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sophie Scholl

I think the Saudis yanked the chain and Elon will be out as CEO of Twitter soon. He's currently running, and losing, a poll where he asked if he should resign as CEO of Twitter. I think it's all a cover for what he's being forced to do anyway. Maybe he'll be out at Tesla, too, if their stock price continues its freefall. I'd love for this ego trip to land him in the poorhouse. He most definitely is deserving.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

DGuller

I think he was smart enough to cash out enough of his stock that the poorhouse is not in the cards.  It's possible that ten years ago he could've been leveraged enough for his net worth to go negative if the value of his assets dropped enough, but I think he now pumped and dumped his way into unassailable cash wealth.

Admiral Yi

Calling Tesla a pump and dump is silly.

celedhring

I suspect that Musk's talk of leaving as CEO and even the rumors he's looking to sell Twitter shares has more to do with things going a bit south at Tesla lately and needing to refocus there. That's still what butters his bread (SpaceX is actually rather small in the great scheme of things), and some major investors have been complaining.

At the same time, I think Tesla right now needs more of an execution-focused CEO than more noise. Musk's tactic of overpromising and underdelivering has worked for a good while, but I think the market is getting frustrated with the company, and at the same time is starting to get credible competition.

The whole spectacle of crowdsourcing major business decisions is surreal though :D