News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Hadn't he given plane guy a internship at Twitter? Or am i misremebering?

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

Quote from: HVC on December 16, 2022, 03:28:09 AMHadn't he given plane guy a internship at Twitter? Or am i misremebering?

Maybe. I only read a story that he offered him $5000 for the account, but plane guy refused.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

Possibly the weirdest thing is Elon's mother scolding his critics on Twitter.  :lol:

Also, Elon redoing the poll in which he asked if he should unban these journalists until he got the answer he wanted lol

Incredible content
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HVC

This thread is less fun without someone defending musk.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: HVC on December 16, 2022, 04:14:03 AMThis thread is less fun without someone defending musk.

What makes the muskrat defend his Musk? Courage!
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

There's surely a subredit out there full of fans you can play with?
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

Quote from: Syt on December 16, 2022, 03:15:46 AMInstead of blocking such an account, the better question would be whether such data should be out in the public domain or not in the first place (which is definitely a matter worth discussing IMHO).
Apparently there is a US federal court case that decided that flight records are public and publishing them is protected under the 1st Amendment. You can of course still ban this information from your private social media platform.

grumbler

Quote from: HVC on December 16, 2022, 04:14:03 AMThis thread is less fun without someone defending musk.

I think the types who would defend Musk's behavior left here a long time ago.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on December 15, 2022, 10:32:11 PMSo Musk's big effort to secure free speech on twitter is to ban critics?

That doesn't make any sense.

This is going to create a huge hole in the market and some competitor will pop up and all the journalists will just go there. It's not like it is going to seriously inconvenience anybody it is just going to hurt himself.

This is clearly personal for him and not business. It is like he just hated twitter, the company and a lot of the customers and just decided to take it down. Nothing of value is really lost because people will just elsewhere. I don't get this, even as a personal vendetta and I certainly don't get it as a business move. There is not even some moral crusade against banning people on social media since he himself is doing it.

A whole bunch of money wasted and sturm und drang for no particular reason.

He thought we was buying a giant continent spanning megaphone ( bullhorn ) , instead of just renting it off of someone else.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Minsky Moment

You guys just don't get he's playing 4-dimensional chess.
Two dimensions consist of the chess board, the other two are sativa and indica.

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Zanza

Habbaku

He absolutely would if he could.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Zanza

Apparently fake though. Sorry.

Legbiter

Quote from: DGuller on December 15, 2022, 10:12:05 PMLet's assume for a moment that Twitter was a valuable service that is not worth destroying.  If that is the case, then I think the whole Twitter saga is revealing some flaws in the ideology of "the shareholder value is paramount".  The people running Twitter were put in a perverse position where they had to force Musk to vandalize their company, because the shareholders would get a bigger payoff for that than for any other outcome.  It's like lawyers sentenced to death appealing to the court to have their sentences carried out, for the sake of rule of law.

The current social media model mostly dying out and being replaced with many smaller tribally-affiliated networks would be ideal I think.  :hmm:  The big platforms mostly promote narcissists, endless high school drama and ever ratchetting sociopathic hysterics to drive engagement. Since the effects now regularly spill into real life with various toxic effects that would be for the best I think.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

mongers

Quote from: Legbiter on December 16, 2022, 12:18:15 PM
Quote from: DGuller on December 15, 2022, 10:12:05 PMLet's assume for a moment that Twitter was a valuable service that is not worth destroying.  If that is the case, then I think the whole Twitter saga is revealing some flaws in the ideology of "the shareholder value is paramount".  The people running Twitter were put in a perverse position where they had to force Musk to vandalize their company, because the shareholders would get a bigger payoff for that than for any other outcome.  It's like lawyers sentenced to death appealing to the court to have their sentences carried out, for the sake of rule of law.

The current social media model mostly dying out and being replaced with many smaller tribally-affiliated networks would be ideal I think.  :hmm:  The big platforms mostly promote narcissists, endless high school drama and ever ratchetting sociopathic hysterics to drive engagement. Since the effects now regularly spill into real life with various toxic effects that would be for the best I think.

Indeed, here's hoping Leggy that you're right. :cheers:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"