News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on December 10, 2022, 07:15:49 AMI think those promoting Twitter files are bemoaning about prior leadership doing such things while Musk has brought in similar policies. His rhetoric notwithstanding.

I don't follow your point.  Please rephrase.

garbon

Near bottom third of article which points out he castigates prior leadership for deamplification while his new policy does the same thing.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2022/12/elon-musk-twitter-files-documents-bari-weiss/672421/
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

I semi-skimmed my way through that link and saw a wide variety of indictments.  Whereas you seem to be focusing on one.

The author claims he's Trumpist but he has hamstrung Charlie Kirk.  Kirk on the right.

Admiral Yi

And these nefarious Twitter files just seem like screenshots of examples of the moderation policy.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 10, 2022, 08:41:09 AMI semi-skimmed my way through that link and saw a wide variety of indictments.  Whereas you seem to be focusing on one.

The author claims he's Trumpist but he has hamstrung Charlie Kirk.  Kirk on the right.

Yes, I am focusing on one. The one where his new policy is similar to old even though he lambasts the old.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Sorry I should clarify an aspect of policy that seems suspiciously similar. I don't think the policies are identical.

DGuller

This whole "freedom of speech, not freedom of reach" is another one of those Orwellian end runs around the freedom of speech, in the template of "you have freedom of speech, but not freedom to something necessary for truly free speech".  It's like "we'll let you write books, we just won't let you publish them".  I wonder how long it's going to be before we reach the logical conclusion of "you have freedom of speech, but not freedom from summary execution as a result of your speech".

Josquius

Quote from: DGuller on December 10, 2022, 01:30:14 PMThis whole "freedom of speech, not freedom of reach" is another one of those Orwellian end runs around the freedom of speech, in the template of "you have freedom of speech, but not freedom to something necessary for truly free speech".  It's like "we'll let you write books, we just won't let you publish them".  I wonder how long it's going to be before we reach the logical conclusion of "you have freedom of speech, but not freedom from summary execution as a result of your speech".

:hmm:
But this is the publisher. Its their right not to publish your books.
Quite a different thing to having a willing publisher and the government banning you from doing it
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

Seems like he went off the rails with little chance of recovery.

mongers

Quote from: Zanza on December 11, 2022, 12:43:03 PMSeems like he went off the rails with little chance of recovery.

What a 1st class wanker.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jacob

The right's obsession with persecuting medical professionals is disgraceful.

HVC

Quote from: Jacob on December 11, 2022, 03:38:41 PMThe right's obsession with persecuting medical professionals is disgraceful.

I miss when it was mainly granola liberals that didn't trust medical science. Sure it sucked for the kid with measles who they tried to cure with crystals and magic water while the "listened to their bodies", but at least the general public was more or less safe.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

mongers

Quote from: Jacob on December 11, 2022, 03:38:41 PMThe right's obsession with persecuting medical professionals is disgraceful.

Indeed.

And if I were still using Twitter that one comment from the owner would ensure I never used it again.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

Yeah, his behavior is becoming increasingly disgusting and I've decided I'll stop blessing it with my (very limited) patronage.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.