News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: HVC on November 21, 2022, 02:23:06 PMHow dare you disparage a noble fish. Call them elonites. On the plus side has a more cultish ring to it.

I was going to say that Elonites sounds like a weird biblical tribe or somesuch.

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on November 21, 2022, 02:36:39 PM
Quote from: HVC on November 21, 2022, 02:23:06 PMHow dare you disparage a noble fish. Call them elonites. On the plus side has a more cultish ring to it.

Am I the only one who associates "Muskie" with one-time Democratic frontrunner in the 1972 Primaries, Ed Muskie?

Anyone?

Nope. Giant fish here. At a stretch a chair.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Berkut

QuoteHere's the thing--no matter what shitty Musk behavior people point out, with sourcing, you find reasons to say it isn't a big deal.

Ahhh, we've gotten to the lying part of the argument. So much less interesting.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: alfred russel on November 21, 2022, 02:19:12 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 21, 2022, 01:09:12 PMHey! I had a grandfather with the exact same storyline, he started work cleaning tanks at a chemical plant out of high school and was a chemical engineer by the time WWII broke out. But note that as I mentioned, times change. The more established engineering disciplines (like ChemE) that is simply not possible today. With all the complex regulations, liabilities etc involved, no one would trust a smart guy willing to learn on the job at a chemical plant to go from being one of the blue collar workers to one of the engineers.

But I think you and Berkut know that, and of course are just finding ways to defend Musk. That's fine--just admit you are Muskies, that's your thing you like and you should embrace it, no reason to be ashamed of it.

I'm not a muskie.
The world is apparently divided into people who don't care if they make shitty arguments about Musk, as long as they are disparaging, and "Muskies".

This is religion at this point for the OvB's of the world, not objective thinking.

Which has been my point all along. Musk himself is not nearly as interesting as the hysteria he drives in the tribes who identify themselves as being against him. It really is fascinating, and rather distressing.

0 rows returned

OttoVonBismarck

"Not objective thinking" from a guy who in the last few hours in another thread on this forum has called out a public figure lying, and defends it as not a big deal here. Almost like someone is willing to warp how they talk about something endlessly in defending their patron Saint. I.e. the typical behavior of a Muskie.

Berkut

You are lying again - to the extent that I mentioned him lying about a degree I in fact stated the exact opposite - that lying is much more serious then whether or not he actually has an engineering degree but calls himself an engineer (which isn't a lie at all, since you can in fact be an engineer without an engineering degree, and he has never, so far as I know, claimed to have an engineering degree at all, since a physics degree isn't an engineering degree in the first place).

Why are you lying about what I said? Why are you so emotionally invested and upset that someone doesn't agree with every little bit of gossip you so breathlessly report to us about Musk?

OMG he doesn't have a physics degree! He might have been in the US illegally! OMG OMG OMG!

Relax man. He's just some asshole on the internet who we are watching crash and burn in real time. You don't have to virtue signal quite so desperately.

0 rows returned

OttoVonBismarck

"Any scrutiny applied to Musk" = obsession and gossip. Spoken like a true Muskie. Or maybe you prefer Muskrat, your pick.

Just curious--what does a billionaire's cock taste like?

HVC

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 21, 2022, 04:15:40 PM"Any scrutiny applied to Musk" = obsession and gossip. Spoken like a true Muskie. Or maybe you prefer Muskrat, your pick.

Just curious--what does a billionaire's cock taste like?

Elonite :contract:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

The Brain

I find the idea that Musk isn't already known as a liar and an asshole a bit weird.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: The Brain on November 21, 2022, 04:21:28 PMI find the idea that Musk isn't already known as a liar and an asshole a bit weird.

Cool. I hope we don't talk about anything on Languish that is already known anymore. Some topics I hope we can all agree to never talk about again:

1. Trump being a liar / fraud / crook
2. Putin being a liar / criminal / evil autocrat
3. PRC being a human rights abuser
4. Saudia Arabia being a human rights abuser
5. Iran being a human rights abuser
6. The British Tories being politically incompetent
7. The Republican party being toxic and anti-democratic
8. The Democratic party being hopelessly bad at politics

I am sure we can think of a lot more topics to never discuss or elaborate on ever since they are already well known.

The Brain

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 21, 2022, 04:24:49 PM
Quote from: The Brain on November 21, 2022, 04:21:28 PMI find the idea that Musk isn't already known as a liar and an asshole a bit weird.

Cool. I hope we don't talk about anything on Languish that is already known anymore. Some topics I hope we can all agree to never talk about again:

1. Trump being a liar / fraud / crook
2. Putin being a liar / criminal / evil autocrat
3. PRC being a human rights abuser
4. Saudia Arabia being a human rights abuser
5. Iran being a human rights abuser
6. The British Tories being politically incompetent
7. The Republican party being toxic and anti-democratic
8. The Democratic party being hopelessly bad at politics

I am sure we can think of a lot more topics to never discuss or elaborate on ever since they are already well known.

I don't follow. Why wouldn't we talk about these things?

HVC

It's not that it isn't known fact that hes a liar and an asshole*, it's the fact that some try to hand wave it away because of their hero worship. It's annoying.

* although some people don't know. And some of us learn something new once in a while.

The Brain

Quote from: HVC on November 21, 2022, 04:31:43 PM

It's not that it isn't known fact that hes a liar and an asshole*, it's the fact that some try to hand wave it away because of their hero worship. It's annoying.

* although some people don't know. And some of us learn something new once in a while.

Who does that?