News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 18, 2022, 02:09:24 PM
Quote from: Syt on November 18, 2022, 02:03:28 PMTwitter offices last month vs. now?
[...]

Twitter in general - seems true today :lol:
QuoteZack Bornstein
@ZackBornstein
pre-elon twitter: pls free me from this hellsite

post-elon twitter: Everyday with you all has been a gift. I owe my career, my friendships, and my marriage to this community. I've fostered compassion and activism each and everyday with you all, fighting the good fight (1/40)

Interesting experiment Musk is doing. Can you run a social media company with just one crazy CEO, a dozen code monkeys in a human veal pen somewhere and nothing but a skeleton crew in the front office?  :hmm:

We'll know pretty soon I think.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Darth Wagtaros

So now it seems that this is all part of the Plan. Musk is purposely doing this to get rid of all the lazy snowflakes and piss off the libtard Californians. Then once he has purged the company of the impure element he'll move the headquarters to Texas or Florida where the governors like him and are pro-business and pro-America.

While it is true he could do all of that without the drama and such, the fact that he is doing it this way is proof that he is a badass.
PDH!

Jacob

Jacob

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on November 18, 2022, 03:16:11 PMSo now it seems that this is all part of the Plan. Musk is purposely doing this to get rid of all the lazy snowflakes and piss off the libtard Californians. Then once he has purged the company of the impure element he'll move the headquarters to Texas or Florida where the governors like him and are pro-business and pro-America.

While it is true he could do all of that without the drama and such, the fact that he is doing it this way is proof that he is a badass.

He definitely loves his drama.

We'll see how it goes, and how much the drama pays out for him.

Barrister

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on November 18, 2022, 02:40:37 PMIt's complicated, but I've had a ringside seat to this shitshow from the beginning.  I will definitely post something today or tomorrow on this.

Appreciate it if you can. :hug:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PJL

Always nice to see a view from
Quote from: Barrister on November 18, 2022, 03:21:22 PM
Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on November 18, 2022, 02:40:37 PMIt's complicated, but I've had a ringside seat to this shitshow from the beginning.  I will definitely post something today or tomorrow on this.

Appreciate it if you can. :hug:

Me too - always nice to see the view from the coalface. Though with Twitter, I guess you saw the canary dying as soon as the deal was done.

alfred russel

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 18, 2022, 02:33:43 PMI'm not really sure what your brain is producing here. Are you suggesting that because Twitter isn't serving error 404 a few days after a bunch of people quit that...90% of people at most companies could just disappear with no impact?

That seems like an incredibly ill-supported line of thought.

Of course I'm not suggesting that. But if it gets through the foreseeable future without such a problem, it is indicating such at least for twitter, and it doesn't take much to see that if that is the case for twitter it probably isn't the only company to have been so overstaffed.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Jacob

Quote from: Josquius on November 18, 2022, 04:20:53 PM
Quote from: Jacob on November 18, 2022, 03:19:19 PMPosted this in the wrong thread...

Twitter HQ last night, apparently: https://twitter.com/JoshuaPHilll/status/1593432939127361542

Deleted. What was it?

Works for me... try this one: https://twitter.com/christoq/status/1593429063317626880

It's the scrolling lightboard on Twitter HQ calling Elmo all kinds of names.

Josquius

Oddly it seems to be blocked in the UK and works with a Canadian vpn server.

That's cool.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Josquius on November 18, 2022, 05:00:04 PMOddly it seems to be blocked in the UK and works with a Canadian vpn server.

That's cool.

Something is strange with it as I can click on it and it works but then if I click again it won't show the tweet.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on November 18, 2022, 12:33:02 PMMore seriously, though, there are of course strong correlations between parents and kids. I think the more interesting question is to what degree that correlation is down to genetics vs various social conditions - including nurturing of the parents, the effects of wealth, the effects of social class and peers etc).

Studies on identical twins raised separately still show a strong correlation of IQ with their birth parents.  However, theer are caveats:  first, the number of genes associated with intelligence is very large, and no individual gene appears to be dominant in research to date, and secondly that intellectual achievement (as opposed to just IQ results) is highly correlated with socio-economic status and parental involvement in the child's intellectually-stimulating activities.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

I've never found a high IQ to be very useful.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Musk emails remaining Twitter staff to find "anyone who actually writes software"

QuoteAfter laying off half of Twitter's employees and issuing a stay-or-leave ultimatum to the rest, Elon Musk sent an email to the remaining staff today seeking responses from "anyone who actually writes software."

"Anyone who actually writes software, please report to the 10th floor at 2 pm today. Before doing so, please email a bullet point summary of what your code commands have achieved in the past ~6 months, along with up to 10 screenshots of the most salient lines of code," Musk wrote in the first of three emails reportedly sent around midnight PT Friday.

Musk's emails were published in full by Business Insider and also reported by Fortune, CNBC, and Reuters. His emails requested in-person meetings with coders despite Twitter informing staff that it was closing all office buildings and disabling employee badge access until Monday.

"If you're working remotely, please email the request below nonetheless and I will try to speak [to] you via video. Only those who cannot physically get to Twitter HQ or have a family emergency are excused," Musk wrote in a second email. "These will be short, technical interviews that allow me to better understand the Twitter tech stack."

[...]

He might have started with that...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.