News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

No one said the war on woke wouldn't have casualties. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

FunkMonk

Elon fired half of Twitter just a couple weeks before the World Cup.

It's definitely going to go down and they won't be able bring it back online  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Jacob

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 12, 2022, 10:24:54 PMElon fired half of Twitter just a couple weeks before the World Cup.

It's definitely going to go down and they won't be able bring it back online  :lol:

What's the connection between the World Cup and Twitter?

celedhring

Quote from: Jacob on November 13, 2022, 12:01:16 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on November 12, 2022, 10:24:54 PMElon fired half of Twitter just a couple weeks before the World Cup.

Traffic spikes during games. I in pasts WCs they have been quite large.

The Larch

Right before the US mid terms was not ideal either.

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on November 13, 2022, 12:24:01 PMTraffic spikes during games. I in pasts WCs they have been quite large.
Yeah and actually it'll possibly hit communities on Twitter who are maybe less affected so far.

This has been lots of fun on more political/business-y Twitter - but there's many millions who are just there to tweet about BTS or Arsenal in their respective communities. Any issues during a World Cup (especially verified accounts, perhaps) are going to cause problems for, I suspect, a far vaster audience/chunk of Twitter than what we've seen so far.
Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

Quote from: celedhring on November 13, 2022, 12:24:01 PM
Quote from: Jacob on November 13, 2022, 12:01:16 PM

Traffic spikes during games. I in pasts WCs they have been quite large.

Ah I see. Makes sense :)

The Larch

Somebody should tell Elon that pissing off US senators at this point is not exactly a brilliant move.

The Brain

Someone claiming to be Ed Markey argues with someone who claims to be Elon Musk.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

I wonder if Musk may actually be going insane?  I mean literally, Bobby Fischer style insane.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on November 13, 2022, 04:47:24 PMI wonder if Musk may actually be going insane?  I mean literally, Bobby Fischer style insane.

How would you tell?

HVC

Musk, champion of free speach, fires guy for correcting his disinformation on Twitter

https://www.theverge.com/2022/11/14/23458247/elon-musk-fires-engineer-correcting-twitter

This is the hero some people want.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Berkut

Quote from: HVC on November 15, 2022, 10:08:19 AMMusk, champion of free speach, fires guy for correcting his disinformation on Twitter

https://www.theverge.com/2022/11/14/23458247/elon-musk-fires-engineer-correcting-twitter

This is the hero some people want.
I don't think it is....

I mean, I literally do not know anyone who thinks Musk is good for Twitter. I am sure they are out there, but....

I think the best you can spin this is that Twitter sucks, so watching Musk destroy it has some schadenfreude to it....
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

How much has Twitter increased in value after Musk's takeover, since it now has access to his ascended business savvy?

Habbaku

Latest estimates have the increase at -$35 billion.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien