Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

:lmfao:

Incredible stuff

Elon basically forcing companies to apologize that medicine isn't free
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Berkut

You know, Musk might be destroying Twitter.

But....would that be such a bad thing?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

FunkMonk

Quote from: Berkut on November 10, 2022, 11:06:16 PMYou know, Musk might be destroying Twitter.

I'm Twitter agnostic but this is way too hilarious to pass up
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jacob

Quote from: Berkut on November 10, 2022, 11:06:16 PMYou know, Musk might be destroying Twitter.

From an Iranian colleague, I understand that Twitter is one of the primary communication lifelines that Iranian protestors use to organize and disseminate information in their ongoing uprising against the Theocrats.

So yeah...I think it would, unfortunately.

Sheilbh

:lol:

On a personal level the company I work for is hiring in privacy and data science teams more generally and have apparently been hit by an absolute wave of very good CVs in the last week from Twitter people (fired and not). I imagine after that initial wave of "firings" lots of people who've done well enough to make a move and care about what they'll do will be trying to get out.

In a normal business leaders are really focused on how they retain the people who really care and are good. Even if everything somehow stabilises I suspect those are the people who'll leave and it might just be long slow degradation - limited resources/bad brand on the outside and good people not around on the inside.
Let's bomb Russia!

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Larch

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 10, 2022, 10:57:04 PM

Apparently Lilly took a beating in the stock exchange and their stock price dropped by something like 5% because of that tweet impersonating them. How long until Musk is sued by one of these impersonated companies?

Zoupa

Some dude spent 8 bucks to make EliLily lose billions.

PDH

Seen on the webs:

"Can Elon Musk buy FOX News next?"
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Habbaku

Quote from: Zoupa on November 11, 2022, 08:17:46 PMSome dude spent 8 bucks to make EliLily lose billions.

The correlation is hilarious, but the causation is spurious.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

alfred russel

Quote from: Habbaku on November 12, 2022, 11:45:16 AMThe correlation is hilarious, but the causation is spurious.

I agree, but I wonder if twitter has any legal exposure on this...It will be hard to disprove the correlation as our legal system is not competent to assess that, and the BS account for Eli Lilly was a "verified user".
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josquius

On LinkedIn of all places I'm seeing defences of this move.
Can't find them again but some cope at work about how this is all a great plan that is going to work.
In reply to a post about it perfectly shows why you should research things before launch.
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!