News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on November 07, 2022, 09:52:08 AM:yawn:

Do show me where I claimed Musk was a "super engineering genius"?

You called him a genius on page 6 of this thread and the rest of your posts are consistent with that belief.

Not sure why you want to back away from the claim now - oh except for the fact he is not really a genius.  :P

Zoupa

QuoteTo independent-minded voters:

Shared power curbs the worst excesses of both parties, therefore I recommend voting for a Republican Congress, given that the Presidency is Democratic.

The day before the midterms, tweets to his 110 million followers. Classy.

HVC

I see it. He's telling people to vote for a republican congress. Also, wonder if he paid 8 bucks for his blue checkmark, or if his 44 billion covers it.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

Quote from: Zoupa on November 07, 2022, 12:03:13 PM

Shared power curbs the worst excesses of both parties, therefore I recommend voting for a Republican Congress, given that the Presidency is Democratic.

A deadlocked government is one that can't pass laws to control tech giants.
██████
██████
██████

Berkut

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 07, 2022, 12:02:57 PM
Quote from: Berkut on November 07, 2022, 09:52:08 AM:yawn:

Do show me where I claimed Musk was a "super engineering genius"?

You called him a genius on page 6 of this thread and the rest of your posts are consistent with that belief.

Not sure why you want to back away from the claim now - oh except for the fact he is not really a genius.  :P
Let's see what I actually said. Interesting that you went to the trouble of looking up my quote, but did not bother to actually *include* the quote.

I suspect that is because the quote won't say what you want me to have said, so decided you would just leave that out, because you are a dishonest fuck. Let's find out, shall we?

Quote from: BerkutMusk is most certainly a genius if you define it was some kind of incredibly intelligent person with unique drive, talent, and vision. He is also a douchebag, and you can make a good argument about his stability or lack thereof.

Ahh, yes, CC again is shown to be a dishonest asshole. Ironic really, that you show the exact same lack of honesty and willfull desire to mislead people that you claim to hate in Musk so much.

I define the word explicitly, and there is nothing there about "super engineering" at all. I then follow it up with "...he is also a douchebag" and question his stability.

How is calling him an unstable douchebag "consistent" with your claim that I am some kind of fanboy?

Musk has nothing on you for being a dishonest douchebag, that is for sure.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Zoupa on November 07, 2022, 12:03:13 PM

I guess there is a reason that I'd titled the thread the way that I did. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Ok Berkut, you asked when you called him a genius.  I knew you had, and it didn't take much to find the reference.   

You emulate your hero well.

Zoupa

I guess the question is would humanity be better off if Musk had never existed.

The jury is still out.

HVC

Quote from: Zoupa on November 07, 2022, 12:31:51 PMI guess the question is would humanity be better off if Musk had never existed.

The jury is still out.

We'd focus on someone else. Maybe bezos would become obsessed social media in the absence of musk doing it and show more douchiness. Most of the annoyance of musk is because of his chorus of fanboys going on about how he'll Make Space Great Again, or whatever aspect of hero worship they've latched onto at the particular moment.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Barrister

Quote from: Zoupa on November 07, 2022, 12:31:51 PMI guess the question is would humanity be better off if Musk had never existed.

The jury is still out.

Really?  Tesla and SpaceX are still huge net positives.

All I see him doing now is self-destructing Twitter (and losing himself billions of dollars), and I'm not sure how much of a negative that is.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on November 07, 2022, 12:37:23 PM

The jury is still out.

We'd focus on someone else. Maybe bezos would become obsessed social media in the absence of musk doing it and show more douchiness. Most of the annoyance of musk is because of his chorus of fanboys going on about how he'll Make Space Great Again, or whatever aspect of hero worship they've latched onto at the particular moment.

Jeff Bezos though is smart enough to not make himself the centre of attention like Musk.  Bezos can still influence the public debate through owning the Washington Post, but doesn't make himself the face of the newspaper.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on November 07, 2022, 12:38:54 PM

The jury is still out.

All I see him doing now is self-destructing Twitter (and losing himself billions of dollars), and I'm not sure how much of a negative that is.

If you believe that those two are net positives then the twitter foley should bother you. His greatest accomplishment is raising capital. Others have had vision, but he brings money. If the shine leaves the apple because he's doing boneheaded business moves in addition to just being repugnant than the money dries up.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on November 07, 2022, 12:38:54 PM

The jury is still out.

SpaceX is nerd wank. Not really sure how that's a net positive to the world.

On the flipside, it is trivially easy to see how him broadcasting to his followers that they should vote to gum of the system is a problem.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.