News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

That's equivalent to an 11 percent discount on the sale.  Combined with the crypto losses I'd say the case for erratic unforced error is still stronger than the genius master plan narrative.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Berkut

Yes, he is clearly making error after error. 

I mean, what was he thinking with that crypto investment? Nobody else fell for such a thing!

And obviously he knows nothing about how to actually make money, which is totally clear because one of his investments isn't doing well at this particular moment in time.

If you objectively look at the man and how he has managed his finances, he is clearly terribly incompetent at this "making money" thing.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Jacob

Tamas

Quote from: Jacob on July 11, 2022, 09:37:30 AMElon? Is that you?

I think that's Berkut before his morning coffee.

HVC

I mean he's more financially savvy then the original, but every day Elon turns more and more into Gen X Trump.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Zoupa

DGuller

Quote from: Tamas on July 11, 2022, 09:45:25 AM
Quote from: Jacob on July 11, 2022, 09:37:30 AMElon? Is that you?

I think that's Berkut before his morning coffee.
I think it's Berkut as well.  The user name gives it away.

Berkut

Yeah, only Elon could possibly look at Elon and come to any conclusion other then "OMG HE IS SO DUMB!"

You know that all of this is the exact same song sung about Gates back when he was the tech asshole de jure, right?

0 rows returned

Berkut

You guys are a bunch of housewives reading tabloids about the private lives of some star you love to hate.

0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: HVC on July 11, 2022, 09:51:03 AMI mean he's more financially savvy then the original, but every day Elon turns more and more into Gen X Trump.
People like Musk become hugely successful because for multiple decisions in a row, they went against mainstream thinking and it paid off handsomely.  Unfortunately, this has a tendency to convince you that you always know better than mainstream, and that puts you on the path to fly too close to the sun. 

The reason mainstream thinking is mainstream is because it is most likely to be correct overall, and it's very hard to keep striking gold consistently by going against it.  The person who gets drunk on success is no longer the same person who became successful in the first place.

The Brain

Quote from: Berkut on July 11, 2022, 09:53:09 AMYeah, only Elon could possibly look at Elon and come to any conclusion other then "OMG HE IS SO DUMB!"

You know that all of this is the exact same song sung about Gates back when he was the tech asshole de jure, right?

US law is weird.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Berkut on July 11, 2022, 09:53:09 AMYeah, only Elon could possibly look at Elon and come to any conclusion other then "OMG HE IS SO DUMB!"

That's a valid criticism altho Bill Gates, like Elon Musk now, was really an asshole back then.

Like BG, Musk isn't good at making money. He's good at fostering a innovating environment and pushing the limits of manufacturing in already implemented industries. It's when he smokes some weed & forget he's not an angel investor and starts tweeting his musing that things start going bad and his autistic nature makes it hard for him to back down.

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

alfred russel

Quote from: HVC on July 11, 2022, 09:51:03 AMI mean he's more financially savvy then the original, but every day Elon turns more and more into Gen X Trump.

The guy became the richest in the world by starting companies dedicated to clean energy and space exploration but he is considered trumpy because of shitposting...
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Habbaku

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 11, 2022, 10:22:45 AMLike BG, Musk isn't good at making money.

I have no idea what this means, unless you completely ignore that they are two of the wealthiest human beings ever to have existed.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien