Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

What has this whole thing cost him?
██████
██████
██████

Legbiter

Cheaper to lose a billion or so right now than paying through the nose now that the market has tanked.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

The Larch

Seems to be finally off.

QuoteElon Musk says he is terminating $44bn Twitter deal

Tesla boss cites social media group's failure to provide sufficient information on fake accounts

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jacob

As someone clever on Twitter said re: Musk and Twitter: "I'm suprised. I didn't know Musk knew how to pull out."

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Jacob

Quote from: Berkut on July 10, 2022, 11:22:57 AMYes, that is super clever.

They'd fit right in here on languish.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

HVC

I don't know, I think his kids might be a tad too young to join.

:P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: viper37 on July 10, 2022, 05:11:48 PM
Quote from: Josquius on July 10, 2022, 04:54:42 PMSo... Musk might have to pay a fair sum it seems. Twitter taking him to court

https://mashable.com/article/can-elon-musk-be-forced-to-buy-twitter?utm_source=feedly&utm_medium=webfeeds
they will settle for the 1B$ penalty.

After 10 years of litigation and substantial billing by the lawyers.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Valmy

In the end the Lawyers always win.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

alfred russel

I read some analysis that this may have been his play all along. He apparently sold $8.5 billion of Tesla stock related to this deal, and that went off without serious questions which held up the stock price of Tesla more than if he just said he wanted to dump some stock. In light of that the $1 billion fee may actually be profitable as his incremental stock proceeds exceeded that amount.

Not sure that is true but I love the bond villian theory that he is playing chess at a higher level than we recognized.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014