And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Berkut on April 29, 2022, 07:20:35 PM
Quote from: Josquius on April 29, 2022, 07:05:32 PM
Quote from: Berkut on April 29, 2022, 06:30:52 PMIt' fascinating to watch the strategy play itself out. If you don't agree with the most radical left of ideas, why, you are either a secret Trumper, or a useful tool of them.

It is the exact point the stupid cartoon is making, playing out right here.

Actively embracing hard right ideas  ! = falling afoul of intolerant anyone who disagrees with me is Hitler attitudes.

Nobody in this thread is embracing "hard right ideas". Nobody.

So I'm imagining it when you're going on about the woke menace being the most important of issues?
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on April 29, 2022, 06:30:52 PMIt' fascinating to watch the strategy play itself out. If you don't agree with the most radical left of ideas, why, you are either a secret Trumper, or a useful tool of them.

It is fascinating to see what you think of as "the most radical left of ideas".

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josquius on April 29, 2022, 07:22:45 PM

Actively embracing hard right ideas  ! = falling afoul of intolerant anyone who disagrees with me is Hitler attitudes.

So I'm imagining it when you're going on about the woke menace being the most important of issues?

Berkut simply cannot imagine a world where his views do not represent the moderate middle and everyone to his left is a radical lefty.  It is why he thinks Musk has a point.

Berkut

Correct
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 29, 2022, 07:29:49 PM

Berkut simply cannot imagine a world where his views do not represent the moderate middle and everyone to his left is a radical lefty.  It is why he thinks Musk has a point.
CC propping up another strawman?

Say it isn't so!

0 rows returned

crazy canuck

I wish Dan Snow was in Languish.  His comment on Twitter:

The left have moved so far left that they wish to see the richest people pay as much income tax as they would have under Eisenhower and Churchill.

Berkut

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 30, 2022, 07:20:32 AMI wish Dan Snow was in Languish.  His comment on Twitter:

The left have moved so far left that they wish to see the richest people pay as much income tax as they would have under Eisenhower and Churchill.
Nobody disagrees with that.

0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 29, 2022, 06:17:44 PM
Quote from: grumbler on April 29, 2022, 06:00:50 PMIt's funny to watch you spout all of the climate-change deniers' arguments, just in a different context.

Are you feeling ok?

Maybe a little dizzy from laughing so hard at your "arguments," but I'll recover by just not reading your posts for a bit.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sheilbh

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 30, 2022, 07:20:32 AMI wish Dan Snow was in Languish.  His comment on Twitter:

But I think that is disingenuous, tricksy nonsense and he probably knows it.

I don't know if I'd say the left has become more extreme or even that the right has in the US. I think the right turned crazy - they've gone fully into the conspiratorial, paranoid undertow (which always exists in American politics - but I think there's a lot of continuity between Trump and strands of the GOP). But I think the left has turned cultural.

It is bullshit to say that the left's position is the same as it was in the 1950s, or in 2005 - especially on cultural or social issues. It's equally untrue to say that conservatives haven't moved. I'm not sure that whether or not they've moved equally is even a useful metric. The right have moved into very dangerous territory - they are telling us what they're planning to do, we can see in the "state of emergency" rhetoric what they are giving themselves permission to do. That should be the focus because I don't think the left have moved into dangeorous territory - despite an actual state of emergency.
Let's bomb Russia!

Berkut

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 30, 2022, 03:00:11 PM

But I think that is disingenuous, tricksy nonsense and he probably knows it.

I don't know if I'd say the left has become more extreme or even that the right has in the US. I think the right turned crazy - they've gone fully into the conspiratorial, paranoid undertow (which always exists in American politics - but I think there's a lot of continuity between Trump and strands of the GOP). But I think the left has turned cultural.

It is bullshit to say that the left's position is the same as it was in the 1950s, or in 2005 - especially on cultural or social issues. It's equally untrue to say that conservatives haven't moved. I'm not sure that whether or not they've moved equally is even a useful metric. The right have moved into very dangerous territory - they are telling us what they're planning to do, we can see in the "state of emergency" rhetoric what they are giving themselves permission to do. That should be the focus because I don't think the left have moved into dangeorous territory - despite an actual state of emergency.

I agree with this 100%. This is exactly what I am saying.

Hell, Trumpers aren't even really further "right". They are just...well, delusional. For them it isn't even really about right-left. 

I think CC knows it is disingenuous, tricksy nonsense as well.

0 rows returned

Josquius

Except the left have always been about defending minority rights whilst the right seeks to employ all manner of dodgy tricks to deny them. This is nothing new.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josquius on April 30, 2022, 11:01:39 PMExcept the left have always been about defending minority rights whilst the right seeks to employ all manner of dodgy tricks to deny them. This is nothing new.

Sure, that's the issue.  Do minority rights always trump?

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 01, 2022, 02:49:53 AM
Quote from: Josquius on April 30, 2022, 11:01:39 PMExcept the left have always been about defending minority rights whilst the right seeks to employ all manner of dodgy tricks to deny them. This is nothing new.

Sure, that's the issue.  Do minority rights always trump?

Trump what?
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 01, 2022, 03:12:41 AM
Quote from: Josquius on May 01, 2022, 03:02:52 AMTrump what?

Other people's rights and privileges.

A false dichotomy.
There isn't a finite amount of freedom to go round.
Treating black people, gay people etc.... With decency doesn't mean you have to start being a dick to straight white guys.
██████
██████
██████