News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on April 14, 2022, 03:33:16 PM
Quote from: Josquius on April 14, 2022, 03:31:00 PM54.20 is familiar how?

It's a 420 (marijuana) joke.  Something Musk is very public about indulging in.

Yes.

But even more specifically, when Musk said he had a deal arranged to take Tesla private, he was going to do so at $420 per share.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

So it sounds like Twitter is going to agree to Musk's buyout.  :huh:

Berkut

Quote from: Barrister on April 25, 2022, 12:48:08 PMSo it sounds like Twitter is going to agree to Musk's buyout.  :huh:
What could possibly go wrong?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on April 25, 2022, 12:55:59 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 25, 2022, 12:48:08 PMSo it sounds like Twitter is going to agree to Musk's buyout.  :huh:

So like I am kind of a fan of Musk.  In the same way I was a fan of Steve Jobs - they are both major league assholes who managed to accomplish some amazing things.

But yes - so many, many things could go wrong.

Berkut

Quote from: Barrister on April 25, 2022, 12:57:33 PM
Quote from: Berkut on April 25, 2022, 12:55:59 PM

So like I am kind of a fan of Musk.  In the same way I was a fan of Steve Jobs - they are both major league assholes who managed to accomplish some amazing things.

But yes - so many, many things could go wrong.
Yep, I think he is pretty much a complete asshole, and we could use a couple more like him.

But taking over Twitter? At best a distraction from what he ought to be focused on, and at worst a complete and utter disaster.

0 rows returned

DGuller

Worse than an asshole, he seems like an asshole who sometimes likes to see world burn.  Most social media leaders damage democracy through arrogance and greed, I can see Musk doing it just for the LOLs.

Barrister

I mean - if I squint I can sort-of see the business case for buying Twitter.  It's hugely influential despite having a comparatively small userbase (compared to other social media), so perhaps there's a way to unlock that influence to greater profits.

But nothing Musk has said indicates such thinking.  I mean - an edit button is not going to unlock billions of dollars of shareholder value.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on April 25, 2022, 01:10:20 PMI mean - if I squint I can sort-of see the business case for buying Twitter.  It's hugely influential despite having a comparatively small userbase (compared to other social media), so perhaps there's a way to unlock that influence to greater profits.

But nothing Musk has said indicates such thinking.  I mean - an edit button is not going to unlock billions of dollars of shareholder value.
I really can't see a business case for it. It strikes me as a standard billionaire buys media company/sports team vanity buy (but an expensive one, at a premium) - although interesting to see that dynamic on a social media company.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

He'll dance out of it, I don't think he was serious.

Tamas

Grey Fox

I don't think he was serious at first but since he as apparently has find the needed loans. Morgan Stanley, iirc.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on April 25, 2022, 01:07:52 PMWorse than an asshole, he seems like an asshole who sometimes likes to see world burn.  Most social media leaders damage democracy through arrogance and greed, I can see Musk doing it just for the LOLs.
I don't agree that he wants to see the world burn, even sometimes. I've never seen anything like that from him.

0 rows returned

celedhring

Musk has purchased/started companies with dubious prospects in the past, but at least you could kinda see the whole sustainability/mobility angle. I really can't see where Twitter fits.

FunkMonk

Elon will unban Trump from Twitter and after some hemming and hawing about social media Donald will make a triumphal comeback tweet:

Quote"I AM BACK, no thanks to all those Losers And Haters!"

Our long national nightmare is going to get worse.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.