News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tamas on April 14, 2022, 06:06:51 AMThe levels of trolling he does to manipulate share prices is insane. I kinda' wish the bluff offer gets accepted so he burns 40 billion.

I suppose if you consider one time when he made a dubious comment and didn't dump any shares as an insane level.

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on February 12, 2022, 11:35:24 AM
Quote from: grumbler on February 12, 2022, 11:02:16 AMResearch animal died during research?  Stop the presses!

Neuralink does need to start using lawyers instead of monkeys as test subjects, though, to avoid unnecessary bad press.

Not sure if lawyer brains are similar enough to human ones, though. :P

:grr:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: The Larch on April 14, 2022, 05:59:47 AMSo apparently Musk has made an official bid to buy Twitter for more than 40 billion dollars.

FFS Elon.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on April 14, 2022, 10:23:11 AM
Quote from: The Larch on April 14, 2022, 05:59:47 AMSo apparently Musk has made an official bid to buy Twitter for more than 40 billion dollars.

FFS Elon.

I think I'll leave Twitter if his hostile takeover succeeds.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

It's just that just one week ago he was going to join the board of directors, and was going to promise to NOT try to buy the company.  So this is clearly yet another hairbrained Elon Musk plan put together inside of one week.  When his companies already have eleventy-billion other things on the go right now (I want my Cybertruck!).

alfred russel

Why is this surprising? Mega billionaires want their own private media. Microsoft has MSN, Jeff Bezos has the washington post, and twitter may end up being musk's.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Jacob

Quote from: alfred russel on April 14, 2022, 12:21:19 PMWhy is this surprising? Mega billionaires want their own private media. Microsoft has MSN, Jeff Bezos has the washington post, and twitter may end up being musk's.

Is anyone saying it's surprising?

Barrister

I'm seeing suggestions that Musk may just be fucking with people (which is also something he's known to do).  Filing with the SEC means he can't get into trouble with the SEC, but the purchase stock price of 54.20 sounds familiar...

He's not obliged to follow through with anything so far.  It's just an intention.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

I don't think the current offer on the table is serious, but I'm not convinced he isn't (I hope he isn't...).

alfred russel

Quote from: Jacob on April 14, 2022, 12:23:57 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on April 14, 2022, 12:21:19 PMWhy is this surprising? Mega billionaires want their own private media. Microsoft has MSN, Jeff Bezos has the washington post, and twitter may end up being musk's.

Is anyone saying it's surprising?

Yeah. Lots of people. Here in a headline:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-elon-musks-shocking-twitter-bid-could-just-be-mega-trolling
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on April 14, 2022, 11:43:12 AMIt's just that just one week ago he was going to join the board of directors, and was going to promise to NOT try to buy the company.  So this is clearly yet another hairbrained Elon Musk plan put together inside of one week.  When his companies already have eleventy-billion other things on the go right now (I want my Cybertruck!).

Get a f150 lightning. Even with the production backlog you're way more likely to get one
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: HVC on April 14, 2022, 03:21:37 PMGet a f150 lightning. Even with the production backlog you're way more likely to get one

I want the F-100 Eluminator they teased last year.

Josquius

Quote from: Barrister on April 14, 2022, 12:34:48 PMI'm seeing suggestions that Musk may just be fucking with people (which is also something he's known to do).  Filing with the SEC means he can't get into trouble with the SEC, but the purchase stock price of 54.20 sounds familiar...

He's not obliged to follow through with anything so far.  It's just an intention.

54.20 is familiar how?
██████
██████
██████

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Josquius on April 14, 2022, 03:31:00 PM54.20 is familiar how?

It's a 420 (marijuana) joke.  Something Musk is very public about indulging in.