And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: viper37 on December 09, 2015, 10:15:00 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 08, 2015, 11:10:56 PM
I've never driven in a place that gets snow every year, so no idea whether those things are good advice or not. They sound dicey though.
the screw will either be forced inside the tire eventually and create a flat or it will break.
the sand paper could remove the ice, but if you use for a minute too long, it will destroy your glass.  Just use a scraper like everyone else.
loosening the screws is dumb, all it does is that your screws may break.  Just carry some WD-40 in your trunk, in case of need.
the anti freeze in break fluid is unncessary for most climates.  I don't know about Antartica, but nowhere near inhabited area is it cold enough to justify that for North American and European cars.  Well, maybe a Ferrari requires special attention.  Then again, you shouldn't drive it in winter :D

I am pretty sure you don't want to mix your break fluid with anything. All those advices are satire

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on December 10, 2015, 10:28:40 AM
QuoteAccording to the UN, today is World Human Rights day. Yet all of our human rights are being violated by this prison-industrial-corporate-state-complex led COP 21 climate negotiations process. Negotiations over whose islands will flood? Which people will die? The seas are rising and so are we. Violence against the people is violence against the planet. Time for a Just Transition away from extractive, violence-based capitalist economies, toward a life-based, healing, and ecological solidarity economy. ‪#‎ClimateJusticeNow‬ ‪#‎BlackLivesMatter‬ ‪#‎IndigenousRising‬ ‪#‎JustTransition‬ ‪#‎COP21‬

We will no longer extract resources but run everything on love and joy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Just saw this on facebook. :hmm:

QuoteAccording to the UN, today is World Human Rights day. Yet all of our human rights are being violated by this prison-industrial-corporate-state-complex led COP 21 climate negotiations process. Negotiations over whose islands will flood? Which people will die? The seas are rising and so are we. Violence against the people is violence against the planet. Time for a Just Transition away from extractive, violence-based capitalist economies, toward a life-based, healing, and ecological solidarity economy. ‪#‎ClimateJusticeNow‬ ‪#‎BlackLivesMatter‬ ‪#‎IndigenousRising‬ ‪#‎JustTransition‬ ‪#‎COP21‬

Duque de Bragança

The #‎BlackLivesMatter remind me of the following statement I saw when homosexual marriage was legalised in the US:

garbon

He also liked his own post. Not sure what to say about that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 10, 2015, 10:56:28 AM

The #‎BlackLivesMatter remind me of the following statement I saw when homosexual marriage was legalised in the US:

It is bombastic but not something that doesn't have a worthwhile point. Course polite speech doesn't get attention.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on December 10, 2015, 11:00:23 AM
It is bombastic but not something that doesn't have a worthwhile point. Course polite speech doesn't get attention.

Donald Trump is showing that. But of course it does make you sound like an insane fruitcake. So I guess it is a double-edged sword.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Duque de Bragança

I have seen indeed much worse on FB walls.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on December 10, 2015, 11:07:22 AM
Quote from: garbon on December 10, 2015, 11:00:23 AM

Donald Trump is showing that. But of course it does make you sound like an insane fruitcake. So I guess it is a double-edged sword.

People who want to disregard the message will always find a way to do so, unless forced not to.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on December 10, 2015, 11:10:56 AM
People who want to disregard the message will always find a way to do so, unless forced not to.

I get assaulted with so much insane radical garbage from everybody on a constant basis it would be so refreshing to see something polite and well thought at some point. Why do you think flinging shit with the rest of the goofballs means more attention that people are forced to listen to?

Liep

I tried scrolling through my facebook feed for a while but found nothing political except for my politician friends posting news articles that supports their cause.

Quite boring really.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on December 10, 2015, 11:16:58 AM
Quote from: garbon on December 10, 2015, 11:10:56 AM

I get assaulted with so much insane radical garbage from everybody on a constant basis it would be so refreshing to see something polite and well thought at some point. Why do you think flinging shit with the rest of the goofballs means more attention that people are forced to listen to?

The increased attention given to black people in the past 2 years or so has come from black people being polite.

Maladict

Quote from: Liep on December 10, 2015, 11:17:42 AM
I tried scrolling through my facebook feed for a while but found nothing political except for my politician friends posting news articles that supports their cause.

Quite boring really.

Last year I unfriended about 30% of my 'friends' on FB. I'm not following another 30% or so. I only have to log in once or twice a week to keep up.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on December 10, 2015, 11:17:42 AM

Quite boring really.

Consider yourself lucky. :)

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on December 10, 2015, 11:21:21 AM
The increased attention given to black people in the past 2 years or so has come from black people being polite.

And Donald Trump's run for the Presidency has not come from him being polite. But just getting attention is not sufficient. You also have to convince and call people to action. The protests and BLM and all that got my attention but that do not seem to have anything substantial or new to say or anything I could do to help. Then it becomes the occupy movement.