And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

I don't know if it is satire. I just can't tell anymore.  :cry:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: 11B4V on December 08, 2015, 09:44:53 PM

I hadn't thought of it like that before...I should really go out and get a fire extinguisher.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 08, 2015, 11:10:56 PM
I've never driven in a place that gets snow every year, so no idea whether those things are good advice or not. They sound dicey though.
the screw will either be forced inside the tire eventually and create a flat or it will break.
the sand paper could remove the ice, but if you use for a minute too long, it will destroy your glass.  Just use a scraper like everyone else.
loosening the screws is dumb, all it does is that your screws may break.  Just carry some WD-40 in your trunk, in case of need.
the anti freeze in break fluid is unncessary for most climates.  I don't know about Antartica, but nowhere near inhabited area is it cold enough to justify that for North American and European cars.  Well, maybe a Ferrari requires special attention.  Then again, you shouldn't drive it in winter :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Yay my uncle not only shared support for Trump but also shared an article Laura Ingraham shared supporting a hiatus on all immigration...

Also, I'm so sad Ingraham got that cancer. She used to be a reasonable conservative with call-ins to her radio show from her gay brother. :weep:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Duque de Bragança

Translation
Be one of the biggest weapon sellers in the world.
Expel (all) refugees that flee wars

Liberté Égalité Fraternité
République Française

Motto of the French republic in the end.

There is a half-truth there about weapon sales though France did not export much to Syria or Afghanistan. However, the French sentence starting with "les réfugiés" is pretty damning means all refugees (definite article).

Nice choice of a mainstream movie depicting an independent arms seller, very relevant to the context. :)

Valmy

Those are the worst Duque.

'Wants to ban guns to save lives'

'Thinks Planned Parenthood should be allowed to kill babies'

Ugh

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Specially when repeated ad nauseam such as:

QuoteJuste un petit rappel mes amis français: Qui séme les armes récolte les réfugiés.

Just a little reminder my French friends: he who sows weapons shall harvest refugees.

Then quoting an article of lepoint.fr telling that China had sold more weapons than France and Germany. Of course, France was beaten by the Chinese only because of the cancelled sale of Mistrals to Russia.

http://www.lepoint.fr/economie/exportation-d-armes-la-chine-depasse-l-allemagne-et-la-france-16-03-2015-1913024_28.php

Duque de Bragança

Btw, Valmy show us your worst i.e best FB offerings you were gifted with. Enough of Syt and me keeping the thread alive. :)

derspiess

Nearly all the JOIN THE COFFEE PARTY MOVEMENT stuff is pretty over the top.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Maladict

A friend of a friend, so it doesn't really count, but the best I can do:
Picture this - a presidential election cycle featuring an inexperienced blowhard of a candidate who manages to corral the widespread popular support of an angry, frustrated, but ultimately uninformed electorate through the use of fiery rhetoric, meaningless platitudes, and impossible promises.

Now, a question - am I referring to the 2008 or the 2016 election cycle?

Razgovory

I didn't know that Detroit is only 20 years old.  Color me surprised.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Brevard County Sheriff's Office, Florida (Official)

https://www.facebook.com/BrevardCountySheriff/videos/913027038780051/?pnref=story

QuoteENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

IT'S TIME TO SAY WHAT NEEDS TO BE SAID TO PROTECT OUR CITIZENS!!

The sheriff also does Wheel of Fugitive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09gzkWFxDmQ&feature=youtu.be
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Well he said it, I guess we are all safe now.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017