And we're back!

Main Menu

Witcher 3

Started by Martinus, May 13, 2015, 07:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grallon

I gave in and bought it after all.  Especially after failing miserably to kill the Karyran?  That tentacled monstrosity who's the boss of chapter 1 in Witcher 2.   I'm still bothered by the 'consolitis' infected design when it comes to interacting with the environment but the world building is really outstanding, the whole place is simply gorgeous.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Martinus

Damn, I have friends visiting over the weekend and staying at my flat until Monday morning. Bastards not letting me play.  <_<

Legbiter

Finally starting to get the hang of the controls. Game is very smooth and stable, not one CTD so far. I've barely touched the main quest so far, just been riding around the countryside smelling the roses. Am about to start hunting down the griffin. Very solid, beautiful game from CD Projektland. :thumbsup:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Caliga

I'm thinking of getting this after I move and have settled in as I have basically no time for games ATM.  It sounds like this is something more for my PS4 than my PC, though.  I read the combat controls are not that different from the second game, which has a very consoley feel to me.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Scipio

Main quest line is a bitch. go exploring. Level up. Find places of power. Above all, craft you some damn silver swords. You are going to need them.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Grallon

Quite pleased with the game, especially now that I've discovered Skellige, which is very Skyrim-like.  I also love all the little winks to contemporary references like the retired elven master craftsman in Novigrad, which is a clear nod to Hattori Hanzo from 'Kill Bill'.

The only thing that really annoys me is how furiously 'hetero' this game is; whenever it can it shoves some female action into our faces:  Geralt enters a hut to seek some answers from a local witch and the camera focuses on her bent ass (Velen, near the Red Baron's keep)...  There are *numerous* other instances of this.  That the main protagonist likes women is one thing but we the players shouldn't have to be dragged along and forced to 'partake' in his appetites!  I'm not even mentioning the stereotypes at play, like that limp wrist, cross-dressing elven tailor in Novigrad...

Still I can only hope Bethesda learns from what was done with this game and gives us a TES VI worthy of the name (although I hear Argonia is to be the focus next time  :yuk:)

Props for the music as well, especially in Skellige; very evocative.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Razgovory

I am pleased that Grallon is displeased.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Quote from: Grallon on May 30, 2015, 10:42:30 PM
Quite pleased with the game, especially now that I've discovered Skellige, which is very Skyrim-like.  I also love all the little winks to contemporary references like the retired elven master craftsman in Novigrad, which is a clear nod to Hattori Hanzo from 'Kill Bill'.

The only thing that really annoys me is how furiously 'hetero' this game is; whenever it can it shoves some female action into our faces:  Geralt enters a hut to seek some answers from a local witch and the camera focuses on her bent ass (Velen, near the Red Baron's keep)...  There are *numerous* other instances of this.  That the main protagonist likes women is one thing but we the players shouldn't have to be dragged along and forced to 'partake' in his appetites!  I'm not even mentioning the stereotypes at play, like that limp wrist, cross-dressing elven tailor in Novigrad...

Still I can only hope Bethesda learns from what was done with this game and gives us a TES VI worthy of the name (although I hear Argonia is to be the focus next time  :yuk:)

Props for the music as well, especially in Skellige; very evocative.

G.

There's too many straight characters in the game! And how dare they include a gay character in the game?!? :rolleyes:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

grallon is the best example of heterophobia I have yet encountered.  :D

Syt

I am weak, so I bought this. I've played 4 hours of this, and I suck at combat. I also have yet to reach level 2. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Norgy

I have it. I have yet to try it. An Xbox One controller might be the thing, yes?

I WANT MOAR TES!!!

Legbiter

Been doing the main questline in Novigrad. Tons of compelling characters, good story, decent game mechanics, atmosphere. Devs really hit it out of the park with this one.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Norgy

I tried everything on Ultra settings. And it really, really looks good.

My two GTX 980s did break sweat, though.

That piece of ass in the beginning: :w00t:

Syt

I have to say playing this game, with its world, feels a lot like playing the first 2 Gothic games for the first time. And I mean that in a good way.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.