Started by Martinus, May 13, 2015, 07:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

pff, Witcher 2 also ran like a dog I recall. <_<
██████
██████
██████

Grallon

Finished Witcher 1 - interesting story.  I've now begun Witcher 2.  Is it me or is that game's interface extraordinarily non intuitive?  I'm constantly on pause to look for which button does what.  The movements are erratic, there's hardly any hovering so I'm missing a lot of loot...  And relying on keyboard commands is annoying as hell!

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Alcibiades

Got a copy of it with my new graphics card, but I only got halfway through the first one and haven't even launched the second one sitting in my steam inventory.   :hmm:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Grallon

Found what the problem is, to quote a reviewer:

"This isn't a PC game, this a console game with PC graphics."

When I'm told in a silly fist fight to press A - and I get smashed when I press A - there's a problem.  Needless to say, I won't be wasting money on Witcher 3.  Thank the Gods the 1st & 2nd games were only 5$ altogether.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Martinus

Quote from: Grallon on May 17, 2015, 07:04:14 PM
Found what the problem is, to quote a reviewer:

"This isn't a PC game, this a console game with PC graphics."

When I'm told in a silly fist fight to press A - and I get smashed when I press A - there's a problem.  Needless to say, I won't be wasting money on Witcher 3.  Thank the Gods the 1st & 2nd games were only 5$ altogether.

G.

You are such a bitter drama queen some time. You never merely dislike a game or say a game is not your cup of tea - you hate it with the intensity of a million stars. If you approach all things in your life that way, no wonder you are so miserable.

Scipio

I'm excited. Reportedly, the i-3 3220 does a great job, particularly when paired with a good graphics card, which I have. It's been preloaded for a week. Cannot wait to try it today.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Scipio

Pretty good so far. A lot more intuitive than Witcher 2.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Martinus

I gots it. Another work colleague got it at 11 p.m. last night. The thing is a big deal in Poland. Apparently it sold one million copies in pre-order, which means the developer already got double return on all the money invested in the game (including the promotion).

Legbiter

Any stability issues or gamebreaking bugs?
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

Make it 1.5 million in pre-order. And some people, like me, simply bought it off a shop stall.

Valmy

Wait you can buy games on shop stalls? I guess this is a console version?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Scipio

Quote from: Legbiter on May 19, 2015, 06:36:09 AM
Any stability issues or gamebreaking bugs?
I experienced one crash; the game autosaves after most game events and area transitions (but no loading times), so it wasn't devastating.

My specs: i-3 3220 Ivy Bridge with nvidia 760 GTX, 16 GB RAM. Medium detail on everything, LOD off, 1080. No appreciable slowdown. Very fluid gameplay (camera/mouse sensitivity is a little high).
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on May 19, 2015, 08:35:15 AM
Wait you can buy games on shop stalls? I guess this is a console version?

Yes, although Poland also has PC version being sold on shop stalls. I guess we are a bit behind plus it's a Polish game so you can buy it everywhere here.

Legbiter

It's downloading now. Heh, hope I can get through the tutorial this time without getting fried over and over by a dragon. What's it this time?  :lol:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Octavian

I'm loving it so far. I really like the world building - very atmospheric. Especially the forests. Combat and the RPG elements are also very well done IMO. So far it's giving me the same vibe I got when playing Skyrim for the first time.

Riding around on my horse in the beautiful countryside also reminds me of Red Dead Redemption.

10/10
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee