News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

The previews look nice.  I've never played a game of this series (Elder Scrolls).  Should I look forward to this?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Richard Hakluyt

Morrowind (Elder scrolls III) was one of my great favorites; it's successor, Oblivion, less so.

I'll be getting Skyrim and hoping that they have that special Morrowind feel in the new game  :cool:

The Brain

I suggest mild interest. Morrowind was good, Oblivion was meh.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

dps

Daggarfall is still the best in the series.  I'll have more interest in getting Skyrim than in getting CKII--I  haven't completely lost faith in Bethesda, unlike Paradox.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

C.C.R.

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 27, 2011, 10:42:45 AM
Morrowind (Elder scrolls III) was one of my great favorites; it's successor, Oblivion, less so.

I'll be getting Skyrim and hoping that they have that special Morrowind feel in the new game  :cool:

Agree with all of this.  Bethesda did right with Fallout 3 & Fallout: New Vegas, so I have high hopes for Skyrim.  I'll probably buy it the day it comes out...

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

I did like Oblivion despite never having finished it...will probally be tempted by this. It has the double bonus of vikings.
██████
██████
██████

ubik

Daggerfall, the second on the Elder Scrolls series (Skyrim will be the fifth) is for me the best CRPG ever made to anyone who values sandobx games. I was a bit put off by Morrowind but it was still a great CRPG. Oblivion had some very questionable design decisions (at least for me) but I was lucky enough to be part of Oscuro Oblivion Overhaul mod team and after a big effort we "fixed" it, at least for our taste. This being said, Daggerfall is for me the best of the series so far.

I played Skyrim at Gamescom in Germany this August and I can tell you I was *not* very impressed, even if, again, the modding capabilities will turn it into a very worthwhile game. As these types of games are really so rare (role play, sandbox, with extensive mod capabilities), I would say I am looking for it in November.

Razgovory

I admit I got a huge kick out of Daggerfall.  Unfortunately the release copy was really buggy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

I think I might have played a demo of Daggerfall as a kid at someone elses house- only to fail to remember the name and never obtain the full game. Shame, would have loved it, and it just doesn't work these days.
██████
██████
██████

ulmont

Quote from: Tyr on September 29, 2011, 03:25:55 AM
I think I might have played a demo of Daggerfall as a kid at someone elses house- only to fail to remember the name and never obtain the full game. Shame, would have loved it, and it just doesn't work these days.

Daggerfall is a free download these days, already configured for modern systems, so I'm not sure what you mean by "just doesn't work."
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Files

Josquius

Quote from: ulmont on September 29, 2011, 08:06:53 AM
Quote from: Tyr on September 29, 2011, 03:25:55 AM

Daggerfall is a free download these days, already configured for modern systems, so I'm not sure what you mean by "just doesn't work."
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Files
It hasn't aged well at all. Morrowind is a lame enough game by modern standards, Daggerfall is....a pain.
██████
██████
██████