News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Hehe, I've gone from likeing it, to hating, to tolerating it, to hating, and am now back to really, really, REALLY liking it.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on May 02, 2011, 02:41:05 PM
Hehe, I've gone from likeing it, to hating, to tolerating it, to hating, and am now back to really, really, REALLY liking it.

I read a WLDLWW record right there!

dps

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 01, 2011, 02:37:27 PM
Quote from: Oexmelin on May 01, 2011, 11:30:33 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 01, 2011, 10:55:48 AM
I don't know. :unsure:

Who do you want to play with?
When (i.e. what kind of occasion) do you want to play? Party? Friends? Devoted evening to gaming?

As I said, I'll never get to play it.

OK, let's try another line of questioning.

Do you want to get something that's out-of-print, or something that you can order direct from the current publisher?  Once you get it, do you intend to keep it just for the sake of having it, or are you thinking of getting something that might become a valuable collectible (if it's not already) that you can sell down the road at a profit?

Ed Anger

The kerpluffle at Consimworld over the GMT banner ads and that Pictavage dude making a banner of the new game 'Farting Formations' is amusing. Bonus points to Pictavge needling Berg into a rage post.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Ed Anger

"upcoming game releases"

http://talk.consimworld.com/[email protected]@.ee6eca2

It wasn't much of a rage post, but it still amused me.

dps

Berg is resting on his laurels so much that he can't  even rage post well anymore.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

Is this The Duellists: The Game?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habbaku

Inspired by The Battle of Algiers, I ordered Legion's Ici, c'est la France.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on May 05, 2011, 07:43:00 PM
Inspired by The Battle of Algiers, I ordered Legion's Ici, c'est la France.

Yeah, picked that up a month or so ago, nice production.

Habbaku

Plus it has Evian Talks.  Very refreshing.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

I got my La battalie whatever and should be getting GMT's Infidel soon.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 23, 2011, 08:04:42 AM
and should be getting GMT's Infidel soon.

Let us know what that's like;  I've been jonseing for some old fashioned crusading.  Do you have Men of Iron already?