News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

In every respect except their market capitalization.  The Musk fan boys ran up the price.  Let's see what happens when it starts coming back to a more reasonable price.  It won't happen immediately. The price has never been based on reality.

Zanza

Dropped 30% already in the first quarter. Hard to see why that would not continue.

Josquius

Tesla seems to have gone beyond the Musk fanboys though and attracted serious status amongst the general public too.
Some idiots will be losing a fortune if it crashes.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Josquius on April 03, 2024, 03:23:03 AMTesla seems to have gone beyond the Musk fanboys though and attracted serious status amongst the general public too.
Some idiots will be losing a fortune if it crashes.

Crocodile tears
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Hopefully Yi has sold his shares already.

HVC

Is tesla solar a seperate company a la SpaceX?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

celedhring

Quote from: HVC on April 03, 2024, 07:48:58 AMIs tesla solar a seperate company a la SpaceX?

No. It used to be a separate company founded by Musk's cousins, but Musk had Tesla buy it (bailing it out).

HVC

Damn, I like Tesla solar. Or at least it seems to be a good product.  Hope the spin it off if and when Tesla tumbles hard.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Admiral Yi

crazy canuck

Quote from: Zanza on April 02, 2024, 11:08:05 PMDropped 30% already in the first quarter. Hard to see why that would not continue.

Fair point

Zanza

Reports that Tesla abandoned their $25k car and wants to focus on robo-taxis, presenting them in August. Considering their progress on ADAS that is a terrifying prospect for both their stock holders and the general public. Also makes the 20 million cars sold in 2030 target impossible.

HVC

Didn't hertz just dump their fleet because electric was too expensive to maintain? Wouldn't robotaxis be the same?

Zanza

Quote from: HVC on April 06, 2024, 12:50:23 AMDidn't hertz just dump their fleet because electric was too expensive to maintain? Wouldn't robotaxis be the same?
I heard it was problems with residual values, which is very important for fleet operators.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Zanza on April 06, 2024, 06:31:15 AM
Quote from: HVC on April 06, 2024, 12:50:23 AMDidn't hertz just dump their fleet because electric was too expensive to maintain? Wouldn't robotaxis be the same?
I heard it was problems with residual values, which is very important for fleet operators.

Yeah, can't be the maintenance cost, that is less than an ICE.

Zanza

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 06, 2024, 06:40:11 AMYeah, can't be the maintenance cost, that is less than an ICE.
That is the conventional wisdom, but it is not clear if that's true. While the mechanical engine is not there as a point of failure, the chassis actually has a higher stress as the cars are much heavier. Most other things like body, electronics, etc. are the same regardless of drivetrain technology. Also if the electric drivetrain has a problem it is very hard to fix, harder than most combustion engines. Tesla specific topics like "giga casting" parts breaking also exist.