Routine Shootings at US Schools and Universities Megathread.

Started by mongers, October 23, 2015, 10:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Seems that though the idiots have wasted no time bashing trans people, the trans narrative here is actually rather shaky.
It was a cis woman still using a woman's name who has just started talking about maybe being trans on social media.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josquius on March 28, 2023, 04:05:25 PMSeems that though the idiots have wasted no time bashing trans people, the trans narrative here is actually rather shaky.
It was a cis woman still using a woman's name who has just started talking about maybe being trans on social media.

You raised a similar point during the prison rape discussion and I thought it was wacky then too.

Every other group in the world consists of varying shades of good and bad people, of pychos and well adjusted people.  But you seem to think if a trans person does or says something bad they can't be a real(tm) trans person.

That's not logical.  That's an act of faith on your part.

Caliga

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 28, 2023, 03:34:34 PMYou may be right that it was after Columbine when something could have happened. But I just don't understand how nothing happens after 6 and 7 years olds have been shot (far less that some of the families end up being libelled).
'Nothing happens' because America is a plutocracy/corporatocracy, not a democracy.  Profits before people, dude.

It's why the really stupid Repubs like MTG tweet responses to this massacre that basically the solution is *more* guns, not less.... because that's what her NRA handlers tell her to say, or what she thinks she needs to say so the funds keep flowing. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 28, 2023, 04:14:41 PM
Quote from: Josquius on March 28, 2023, 04:05:25 PMSeems that though the idiots have wasted no time bashing trans people, the trans narrative here is actually rather shaky.

You raised a similar point during the prison rape discussion and I thought it was wacky then too.

Every other group in the world consists of varying shades of good and bad people, of pychos and well adjusted people.  But you seem to think if a trans person does or says something bad they can't be a real(tm) trans person.

That's not logical.  That's an act of faith on your part.

Wow. That's a weird attack out of nowhere.

Not in the slightest. Whether that Scottish rapist was really trans or not was relevant there as it was genuinely questionable whether they actually were trans or not. The timing was off. Just because one person may have been lying doesn't change that you do get actual trans people committing crimes.

It's relevant to mention here as a lot of deflection seems to be coming from those trying to make it a trans issue despite, as I've scratched the surface a little, I've seen that it does not neatly fit into that narrative.
Even if we take straight up that he was trans it's curious that it's FTM, all assumptions seem to have MTF.
That this person's transness just seems to have come from some recent social media posts and they're using their very female birth name...time will tell what the verdict is there.
██████
██████
██████

Oexmelin

A line of attack that seems to always anger the gun fetishist is when you claim they are okay with children dying. That they are blood thirsty cultist. I think there could be some political possibility there.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josquius on March 28, 2023, 04:37:18 PMWow. That's a weird attack out of nowhere.

Not in the slightest. Whether that Scottish rapist was really trans or not was relevant there as it was genuinely questionable whether they actually were trans or not. The timing was off. Just because one person may have been lying doesn't change that you do get actual trans people committing crimes.

It's relevant to mention here as a lot of deflection seems to be coming from those trying to make it a trans issue despite, as I've scratched the surface a little, I've seen that it does not neatly fit into that narrative.
Even if we take straight up that he was trans it's curious that it's FTM, all assumptions seem to have MTF.
That this person's transness just seems to have come from some recent social media posts and they're using their very female birth name...time will tell what the verdict is there.

It does seem like an amazing coincidence that the two self proclaimed trans people who's sincerity you've seen fit to question have committed terrible crimes.

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 28, 2023, 05:19:18 PM]

It does seem like an amazing coincidence that the two self proclaimed trans people who's sincerity you've seen fit to question have committed terrible crimes.
Regular people doing nothing special with their lives tend not to make the news.
The sincerity of some randomer deciding to tell the world they're trans out of  nowhere with interesting timing for something in their agenda isn't a topic that ever really comes up.

And I hope you're not suggesting this shooter is the same as the Scottish rapist here.
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Josquius on March 28, 2023, 04:37:18 PMNot in the slightest. Whether that Scottish rapist was really trans or not was relevant there as it was genuinely questionable whether they actually were trans or not. The timing was off. Just because one person may have been lying doesn't change that you do get actual trans people committing crimes.

Ultimately, how is it relevant that they are trans or not?
If they were gay, would it be relevant?  Lots of heteros commit crimes, we don't specifically mention it in the news.  Should we pay attention to it if they are gay or hetero?  If they claim they are gay, should we investigate their level of 'gayness' prior to their crimes?

I'm with Yi on this.  There are psychos in every group.  That a trans person would be a psycho would not surprise me, it can happen, they are unfortunately not immune to snapping.

If that trans person had not committed a murder but was asking for something else, you would not be telling us she is not a real trans person.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tamas

Quote from: Oexmelin on March 28, 2023, 04:58:06 PMA line of attack that seems to always anger the gun fetishist is when you claim they are okay with children dying. That they are blood thirsty cultist. I think there could be some political possibility there.

That's actually a good point. Eveything else in politics gets sold by "thinking of the children". Why can't the Dems lean in on that? Anyone against gun control? Think of the children, how dare you!

Josquius

Quote from: viper37 on March 28, 2023, 05:35:30 PM]
Ultimately, how is it relevant that they are trans or not?
If they were gay, would it be relevant?  Lots of heteros commit crimes, we don't specifically mention it in the news.  Should we pay attention to it if they are gay or hetero?  If they claim they are gay, should we investigate their level of 'gayness' prior to their crimes?

I'm with Yi on this.  There are psychos in every group.  That a trans person would be a psycho would not surprise me, it can happen, they are unfortunately not immune to snapping.

It's not relevant. Thats exactly my point. I'm commenting on those who have decided it is.

I'm the one who in the other thread specifically said there are crooks in every group. It's folk of a different bent who insist certain groups are particularly bad off the back of a few examples. Just look up thread to see some examples from twitter.

QuoteIf that trans person had not committed a murder but was asking for something else, you would not be telling us she is not a real trans person.
This is a nonsense.
Who is this theoretical person? Why are they claiming to be trans? When did they decide this? Do they have any past evidence or its just out of nowhere? Why are we discussing them? Does it matter whether they're trans or not? What is the impact of just accepting their claim at face value?

It's not black and white.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josquius on March 28, 2023, 05:33:54 PMAnd I hope you're not suggesting this shooter is the same as the Scottish rapist here.

I'm pretty sure they're different people.  One's blonde, one's brunette.  One lives in the US, one lives in Scotland.

Admiral Yi

I have no idea what stage the Nashville shooter was at in terms of therapy, but I'm reminded that my homosexualist bartender buddy said FTM transgenders can sometimes get geeked out because of the testosterone they're taking.

I only know one FTM and he is not geeked out at all.

grumbler

Quote from: Josquius on March 28, 2023, 03:43:15 PMI've just got my fingers crossed this is another one where we will be able to finally relax on the bodies of dead boomers.

Hale wasn't a boomer and the gun cult is made up overwhelmingly of Gen X and Gen Y.  You can't simply complacently argue that Boomers are the cause of all the world's problems and the world will be a utopia when every Boomer is dead.  Lazy thinking like yours is what got the world into the shape it is in.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on March 28, 2023, 05:36:17 PM
Quote from: Oexmelin on March 28, 2023, 04:58:06 PMA line of attack that seems to always anger the gun fetishist is when you claim they are okay with children dying. That they are blood thirsty cultist. I think there could be some political possibility there.

That's actually a good point. Eveything else in politics gets sold by "thinking of the children". Why can't the Dems lean in on that? Anyone against gun control? Think of the children, how dare you!

For these people, life begins at conception and ends at birth.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

NY Post keeping their tone sombre and calm, I guess ...

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.