News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Dreaming

Started by MadImmortalMan, January 23, 2023, 11:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

A couple of times, I've hit up a thread here and I've found...Me. From like a decade ago. Usually it's fine. I'll normally stand behind most of my bad takes from ages past. But it's weird.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

I look at my old posts and realize that I was a jerk.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on January 24, 2023, 12:33:03 AMI look at my old posts and realize that I was a jerk.

You did become a lot more mellow.

MadImmortalMan

Raz, you were an edgy boy back in the day. :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DGuller

On Youtube, sometime you get served a video that you already watched some time ago.  On multiple occasions, I would watch the video, think of a comment I would want to leave, but then see that somebody already made the exact point I wanted to make.  Then I check closer and realize that it was me from 8 years ago. :unsure:

celedhring

I'm going to repurpose this as: "Do I have a doppleganger?" thread.

Last week I met with a friend. She told me she had followed my recommendation and had started a standup comedy course, and she was loving it.

Thing is... I didn't remember ever saying that to her. Lo and behold, she resent me an email dated from last summer where I'm telling her to do that, and pointing her out to that particular course. An email I don't remember ever writing.  :ph34r:

Either the guy running the course (which I have met just a couple times) has a weirdly ellaborate hacking scheme or I suffer from early stage memory loss  <_<

HVC

Maybe you just give advice while really drunk? :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on January 24, 2023, 05:07:28 AMI'm going to repurpose this as: "Do I have a doppleganger?" thread.

Last week I met with a friend. She told me she had followed my recommendation and had started a standup comedy course, and she was loving it.

Thing is... I didn't remember ever saying that to her. Lo and behold, she resent me an email dated from last summer where I'm telling her to do that, and pointing her out to that particular course. An email I don't remember ever writing.  :ph34r:

Either the guy running the course (which I have met just a couple times) has a weirdly ellaborate hacking scheme or I suffer from early stage memory loss  <_<

Heh, something similar happens to me from time to time, with friends telling me stuff like "remember when you said this and that?" and I have no recollection whatsoever of the situation they describe.  :lol:

And I thought I had good memory...  :hmm:

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: HVC on January 24, 2023, 05:09:51 AMMaybe you just give advice while really drunk? :D
Or maybe you he should just get drunk more so stuff like this bothers him less.
PDH!

Tamas

I haven't had anything as severe as Celed's story but just recently I had a couple of occasions where a friend would reminescne about some obscure thing that happened to us somewhere and I would have no recollection whatsoever. Granted they were very minor things but still hard not to think of it as a taste of what's to come in old age.