News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What did you play in 2022?

Started by Syt, December 03, 2022, 11:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Steam has me playing OOTP 23 for over 2000 hrs.  But that's because I check in the morning, leave it open in the background all day, and then check in at night.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Zanza

Ok, so I had 36% Stellaris, 34% EU4, 12% Cities Skylines, 9% Victoria 3, 7% CK3. Total eight games. Longest series was eleven days. I guess not as much as in the past...

garbon

27% CK3, 14% RimWorld, 13% Valheim, 12% Old World, 11% CK2
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HisMajestyBOB

Rule the Waves 2
- I still love this game more than almost any other. It has such a fun play cycle and it's so easy to drop in, play for anywhere from 12 to 120 minutes and quit at the drop of the hat. With two young kids, those are critical requirements for any game if it's going to keep my attention.

Silent Hunter 3 with mods
- Always a classic. Got some of the newer mods that allow the game to use more than 4 GB of RAM and fix a few bugs.

Strategic Command: WWI
- Surprisingly fun and decent replication of WWI. I've found the AI tends to overly weaken itself with reckless attacks resulting in me getting decisive wins with each side on my first playthroughs. But it's fun enough that I'll try again with the difficulty settings bumped up a notch.

War in the Pacific: Admirals Edition
- Finally played more than a little into 1942! It's still a beast of a game with shit AI. But it's also the perfect wargame, so I'll always get drawn back in.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

mongers

Hero of the Kingdom III    8%
Niffelheim    8% 
Hero of the Kingdom II    7%
Meridian: Age of Invention    6%  :blush:
Kingdom: Classic    5%
Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden    5%  :blush:
Ice Lakes    4%    :blush:
Snake Pass    4%  :blush:
Egypt: Old Kingdom    4%
Crystals of Time    4%  :blush:
BomberZone    4%  :Embarrass: 
Timberman    4%  :Embarrass:
Mouse (Sneaking)    3%    :blush:
We Are The Dwarves    3%
GODS Remastered    3%
Kingdom: New Lands    2%
Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition    2%
Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition    2%
Sid Meier's Civilization® VI    2%    :Embarrass:
Heroes Of Hellas 4: Birth Of Legend    2%
Victoria II    <1%  :blush:
Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete    <1%
Titan Quest Anniversary Edition    <1%
Europa Universalis IV    <1%  :blush:
Stellaris    <1%    :Embarrass:

:hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Crazy_Ivan80

26% Rimworld
19% HOI 4
10% CK 3
9% Battle Brothers
6% Old World

some assorted stuff and I know there's also been a lot of Anno 1800, but that's not on steam for me.

Syt

@mongers: I picked up Hero of the Kingdom 1-3 on GOG. :D Not sure what your :Embarrass: and :blush: icons are meant to indicate? :unsure:

Steam released their top games 2022: https://store.steampowered.com/sale/BestOf2022

(Notes about how the rankings are measured: https://store.steampowered.com/sale/BestOf2022?tab=7)

I'm "shocked" how many of the top slots in the total revenue rankings are free to play games and others with in game transactions (like GTA5, FIFA, ...).

From Paradox, Stellaris and Cities: Skylines are in the Silver category, together with Sims 4, so I guess having lots of DLC also helps with revenue (V3, CK3, HOI4 earned bronze level; seems EU4 is the only one not to get into these rankings). :P

It also goes to show that few games in the top slots (platinum/gold) are "for me" (the number increases a fair bit in silver/bronze).

Despite being released only a few weeks ago, Dwarf Fortress still hit Gold for New Releases, based on revenue (even Vicky3 qualified for gold in this category). :o
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

I don't play shooters, first person RPGs, or battle arena games, so the top games are completely irrelevant for me.  :hmm:

mongers

Quote from: Syt on December 30, 2022, 02:57:19 AM@mongers: I picked up Hero of the Kingdom 1-3 on GOG. :D Not sure what your :Embarrass: and :blush: icons are meant to indicate? :unsure:

..snip ....

HK 1-3  are perfect relaxation games requiring little thought, so ideal for me, Syt did you liked them?

The emoticons are for not playing any serious games; I've less than 1% with EUIV, I must have played it once for only 20mins this year.  :Embarrass:

Oh and CivVI is at 2%, must try to get into it over this winter.

Syt

Quote from: mongers on December 30, 2022, 08:47:15 AMHK 1-3  are perfect relaxation games requiring little thought, so ideal for me, Syt did you liked them?
I have yet to play them. -_-

QuoteThe emoticons are for not playing any serious games; I've less than 1% with EUIV, I must have played it once for only 20mins this year.  :Embarrass:

Oh and CivVI is at 2%, must try to get into it over this winter.

That's fine. One of my most played games is Bejeweled 3 - I like Match 3 games (I have almost 15 hours in HuniePop; unfortunately HuniePop2 wasn't as good because it went from tongue in cheek, self-aware comedy hentai Match 3 to straight up just "hurr-durr boobiiiies" hentai :( :blush: ). And I like relaxing puzzle games (The Room series, Dogs/Cats Organized Neatly, Pictopix, Filament ... ) or chill "building" games like Islanders and Dorfromantik. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

mongers

Quote from: Syt on December 30, 2022, 09:38:49 AMThat's fine. One of my most played games is Bejeweled 3 - I like Match 3 games (I have almost 15 hours in HuniePop; unfortunately HuniePop2 wasn't as good because it went from tongue in cheek, self-aware comedy hentai Match 3 to straight up just "hurr-durr boobiiiies" hentai :( :blush: ). And I like relaxing puzzle games (The Room series, Dogs/Cats Organized Neatly, Pictopix, Filament ... ) or chill "building" games like Islanders and Dorfromantik. :)

I should check out a few of those, thanks to the 'recommendations' Syt. :)

Syt

Oh one more thing while it's on sale, mongers - you might like Regency Solitaire: https://store.steampowered.com/app/351090/Regency_Solitaire/
 :bowler:

(There's also a few bundles with "adjacent" games.
—Stephen Jay Gould