What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 03, 2022, 05:34:43 PMTwo economists examined state voter ID laws enacted between 2008 and 2018 and found no evidence of suppression.

Like I've been saying all along.

Fun factoid from the same Economist article: black turnout was higher than white turnout during Obama's general elections.

No evidence at all?

That is basically bullshit. I mean, I could imagine a sober analysis that says that given all the evidence for and against, the net analysis is that these laws have failed to suppress minority voting as their authors intended.

But to say that there isn't ANY evidence of ANY suppression at all? That doesn't make any sense at all. 

Link?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

crazy canuck

A quick google search shows it is also in the electronic version.  Yi when you subscribe to the paper version you automatically get access to the digital version.

https://www.economist.com/leaders/2020/10/10/the-spreading-scourge-of-voter-suppression

grumbler

Why are we concerned about what a couple of anonymous economists discovered about a political issue that looks to be outside their area of expertise?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Or perhaps a more interesting question is why did Yi characterize an Economist article which voiced concern about voter suppression as an article that found no evidence for its existence

Syt

Just saw that I still had a Skype name attached to my profile - can't remember when I last used that. And it makes me nostalgic that we can add our ICQ numbers. :wub:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

I mostly use Skype as instant messaging these days, and not that much.

ICQ was last used, like 12-15 years ago?  :hmm:

crazy canuck

Is this a call back in time to when Biden didn't mix up Ukrainians with Iranians?

viper37

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on March 10, 2022, 12:32:47 PMICQ was last used, like 12-15 years ago?  :hmm:

It is still in use:
https://www.icq.com/

I believe it was bought by a Russian company.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 10, 2022, 01:08:51 PMIs this a call back in time to when Biden didn't mix up Ukrainians with Iranians?

I meant to post in the other sticky thread. -_-
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: viper37 on March 10, 2022, 02:01:58 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on March 10, 2022, 12:32:47 PMICQ was last used, like 12-15 years ago?  :hmm:

It is still in use:
https://www.icq.com/

I believe it was bought by a Russian company.

I mean used by me.  :P

HisMajestyBOB

There's no field for my AIM username or my MySpace page.  :(
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Maladict

Quote from: Syt on March 10, 2022, 11:03:31 AMAnd it makes me nostalgic that we can add our ICQ numbers. :wub:

Those were the days. For some reason I still know that number by heart.

Sheilbh

Incidentally counter to other polling it doesn't look like there's too much polarisation on views of Russia and Ukraine which is interesting:
Let's bomb Russia!