Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I don't think your study of tabloid headlines is very scientific.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 12, 2022, 10:29:24 PMI don't think your study of tabloid headlines is very scientific.

Disagree; viper's study of tabloid headlines is, in fact, very scientific. It's peer reviewed; I'm his peer, and I reviewed it. He's correct. 

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on May 12, 2022, 06:52:07 PMI can see how it would be hard to avoid the LGBT Propaganda in that situation.

Normally she's posting pro-gay stuff (though she never seems to have accepted her youngest identifying as male, though they've done it since their teens, including spending an entire year at a new school as male towards friends).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Darth Wagtaros

BUILD THE FUCKING WAAAAL! It doesn't have to accomplish anything but I still want it!
PDH!

Razgovory

Mexico is suppose to pay for the wall.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

What is a taxpayer funded wall material?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

I mean I think we are doing better than January 2021.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

January 2021 four thousand people a day died of Covid.  It really wasn't a good time.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

viper37

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 17, 2022, 08:20:46 PMWhat is a taxpayer funded wall material?

It's the stuff the taxpayers paid for but never materialized because no work was ever done.  That it was done by order of Donald Trump is irrelevant.  It's Biden's fault.  It could be Harris' fault too, be we never see her around.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on May 18, 2022, 12:48:11 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 17, 2022, 08:20:46 PMWhat is a taxpayer funded wall material?

It's the stuff the taxpayers paid for but never materialized because no work was ever done.  That it was done by order of Donald Trump is irrelevant.  It's Biden's fault.  It could be Harris' fault too, be we never see her around.

What, exactly, is the "stuff" to which you make such a confident referral? Who, exactly, got the taxpayers' money and then had their work "never materialize?" 

Or is this another one of those issues where right-wingers read a bumper sticker and assume that that gives them a PhD on the subject?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

Quote from: grumbler on May 18, 2022, 06:45:58 PM

What, exactly, is the "stuff" to which you make such a confident referral? Who, exactly, got the taxpayers' money and then had their work "never materialize?" 

Or is this another one of those issues where right-wingers read a bumper sticker and assume that that gives them a PhD on the subject?
They scammed one another:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/steve-bannon-trump-wall-donations-b1854051.html

Don't know if there was taxpayer money or not, you should ask the one who posted the image and the text.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on May 18, 2022, 06:45:58 PM

They read?