News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Off the Record / Re: Israel-Hamas War 2023
Last post by grumbler - Today at 12:08:32 PM
Quote from: Valmy on Today at 12:05:20 PMHow did Joe cave? By allowing that pointless and toothless UN resolution? This is the kind of insane over-reacting I am talking about.

He just sent tons of aid to Israel when it doesn't even really need it to fight Hamas.

So sure, punish the far left by joining them in acting irrationally. That will show them.

Do you actually believe that you can reason with the OvBs of the world?  Just read anything he has written in the last few pages of this thread and you'll comprehend hw unhinged he is these days.  He obviously does not care about facts or evidence or reasoning; if it doesn't fit it on a bumper sticker, he doesn't read it.
Last post by Valmy - Today at 12:05:20 PM
How did Joe cave? By allowing that pointless and toothless UN resolution? This is the kind of insane over-reacting I am talking about.

He just sent tons of aid to Israel when it doesn't even really need it to fight Hamas.

So sure, punish the far left by joining them in acting irrationally. That will show them.
Off the Record / Re: Brexit and the waning days...
Last post by Tamas - Today at 12:04:59 PM
Vote casted.

Pencils.  :lol:
Last post by grumbler - Today at 12:04:43 PM
Quote from: dane on Today at 11:15:55 AMOtto, seeing your changing stance on Trump has been one of the most unsettling things that I have personally witnessed since he left office. The fact that someone as knowledgeable, well-reasoning and thoughtful as you can suddenly and seemingly out of nowhere start supporting Trump really makes me fear for the future of this country.   :(

Plenty of people as knowledgeable, well-reasoning and thoughtful as OvB have been supporting Trump lately; Marjory Tayler-Green, for example, or Matt Gaetz. Those who are that knowledgeable, well-reasoning and thoughtful have no difficulty imagining a fantasy Earth where their lies are really truths and their fantasy ideas make sense.
Last post by garbon - Today at 11:42:10 AM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on Today at 11:20:24 AMI'm sorry you feel that way--it isn't a decision I have made lightly.

Something JR mentioned alludes to a core of my issue--the campaign against apartheid South Africa. That is really the playbook the Hamastans want us to run against Israel.

As I have observed the pro-Palestinians in America switch to full bore antisemitism, pro-Hamas, pro-genocide rhetoric, and as I see very concerning polling about huge percentages of young Democrats support Hamas, don't believe Israel has a right to exist etc, I feel like we're at a dangerous breaking point for Israel. If American support for Israel falls, it will truly have no protector against attempts to "formally delegitimize it." Think widespread sanctions, divestment, as bad as was used against South Africa. The difference of course is the South African apartheid government deserved it--Israel doesn't. There is no apartheid in Israel, there is a little bit of land that Arabs lost in a war they started, they have everything they could ever need in terms of land, they just don't want Jews living anywhere in the Middle East.

Unfortunately when Joe caved to the Hamastan left (and note by the way, you can still find interviews where they say they aren't voting for Joe, his caving accomplished nothing but making pro-Israel voters like myself turn their back on him), he told me he wasn't willing to stand up for Israel and prevent the outcome I laid out. Only a return to Republican rule can set things right. The far left must be punished.

Israel is the most important issue facing America? Or at least enough so that it should be the deciding factor for the presidency?
Gaming HQ / Re: PSA: Game Discounts
Last post by celedhring - Today at 11:24:17 AM
New Vegas is definitely the best. It helps that they keep all the Enclave/BoS nonsense to a reasonable minimum.
Last post by OttoVonBismarck - Today at 11:20:24 AM
I'm sorry you feel that way--it isn't a decision I have made lightly.

Something JR mentioned alludes to a core of my issue--the campaign against apartheid South Africa. That is really the playbook the Hamastans want us to run against Israel.

As I have observed the pro-Palestinians in America switch to full bore antisemitism, pro-Hamas, pro-genocide rhetoric, and as I see very concerning polling about huge percentages of young Democrats support Hamas, don't believe Israel has a right to exist etc, I feel like we're at a dangerous breaking point for Israel. If American support for Israel falls, it will truly have no protector against attempts to "formally delegitimize it." Think widespread sanctions, divestment, as bad as was used against South Africa. The difference of course is the South African apartheid government deserved it--Israel doesn't. There is no apartheid in Israel, there is a little bit of land that Arabs lost in a war they started, they have everything they could ever need in terms of land, they just don't want Jews living anywhere in the Middle East.

Unfortunately when Joe caved to the Hamastan left (and note by the way, you can still find interviews where they say they aren't voting for Joe, his caving accomplished nothing but making pro-Israel voters like myself turn their back on him), he told me he wasn't willing to stand up for Israel and prevent the outcome I laid out. Only a return to Republican rule can set things right. The far left must be punished.
Last post by dane - Today at 11:15:55 AM
Otto, seeing your changing stance on Trump has been one of the most unsettling things that I have personally witnessed since he left office. The fact that someone as knowledgeable, well-reasoning and thoughtful as you can suddenly and seemingly out of nowhere start supporting Trump really makes me fear for the future of this country.   :(
Last post by OttoVonBismarck - Today at 10:51:01 AM
Trump in his long Time Magazine interview a couple days ago makes it official he no longer supports a two-state solution:

QuoteTransactional isolationism may be the main strain of Trump's foreign policy, but there are limits. Trump says he would join Israel's side in a confrontation with Iran. "If they attack Israel, yes, we would be there," he tells me. He says he has come around to the now widespread belief in Israel that a Palestinian state existing side by side in peace is increasingly unlikely. "There was a time when I thought two-state could work," he says. "Now I think two-state is going to be very, very tough."

Listen, I hate Trump on many levels--but this is the right policy here, and one Biden and the Jihadi Dems will never see the light on.
Gaming HQ / Re: PSA: Game Discounts
Last post by crazy canuck - Today at 09:14:39 AM
Quote from: grumbler on April 15, 2024, 01:16:00 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 12, 2024, 10:05:28 AMI have not played any of them, is there one that stands the test of time

New Vegas.  Most atmosphere and by far the best quests.

:thumbsup: