News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Total War: Warhammer is coming

Started by Solmyr, January 14, 2015, 06:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

Hopefully this slides in before the End Times and isn't marred by that.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: Iormlund on January 14, 2015, 02:48:19 PM
There's no way they'll get this right. :(

Eh well I actually enjoyed the MMO and it is regularly considered one of the biggest failures of all times.  So when it comes to Warhammer I guess I can take comfort that my standards are low.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on January 15, 2015, 01:33:33 PM

Eh well I actually enjoyed the MMO and it is regularly considered one of the biggest failures of all times.  So when it comes to Warhammer I guess I can take comfort that my standards are low.

So much potential there....
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Solmyr

I enjoyed the MMO too, but it competed with WoW and was not different enough, so...

Martinus

The MMO was so much of a potential lost. It had a great promise, but the realisation was piss-poor. And I mean simple stuff, like jumps and running animations and sounds of combat.

It seems what WoW has done is so simple - until you check how the competition is doing.

Edit: Which reminds me, need to check on my Followers' missions. BRB.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Solmyr on January 15, 2015, 03:53:04 PM
I enjoyed the MMO too, but it competed with WoW and was not different enough, so...

I preferred it to WoW, The problem for me was the game was built to be played by a greater concentration of players than they had on each individual server.  One of the big mistakes they made was having too many servers available at the start.  Once they introduced the additional classes (that everyone wanted) and it was too late because a lot of people had already given it up.

The Brain

Had good fun with WAR, but since it didn't have enough stuff to keep people around...
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Still waiting for that official announcement.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on March 06, 2015, 04:56:28 PM
Was this necro really necessary?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

Quote from: 11B4V on March 06, 2015, 11:45:53 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 06, 2015, 11:39:52 PM

always with the negative waves man Moriarity.

Yeah.  Why can't he say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 06, 2015, 11:31:18 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 06, 2015, 04:56:28 PM
Was this necro really necessary?

Tim is the thread police?  That's rich.

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."