Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Neil on April 08, 2009, 08:07:43 PM
Quote from: Tamas on April 08, 2009, 03:49:59 PM
1. Chelsea is two goals ahead
You're one of those. :bleeding:

WTF are you talking about? I have been a Chelsea fan since like 1998.

Cerr

Wow. That was one hell of a game.
Too bad for Liverpool. It was always going to be hard to make up for last week.

Neil

Quote from: Tamas on April 09, 2009, 12:24:11 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 08, 2009, 08:07:43 PM
Quote from: Tamas on April 08, 2009, 03:49:59 PM
1. Chelsea is two goals ahead
You're one of those. :bleeding:
Of course you are.  Every asshole in Eastern Europe, Africa and Asia is a Chelsea fan.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

Quote from: Cerr on April 14, 2009, 03:34:58 PM
Wow. That was one hell of a game.
Too bad for Liverpool. It was always going to be hard to make up for last week.

I knew it would be a great series. Put up some British, nay, English, teams against each other...never mind that silly Italian shit.

Liverpool always produce exciting games. :bowler:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Maladict

Awesome game, I particularly liked the first goal.

Liep

Very entertaining. I hope Man U's game today is going to get close to that. United must go out offensive in search of a quick goal.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

katmai

Quote from: Liep on April 15, 2009, 02:25:33 AM
Very entertaining. I hope Man U's game today is going to get close to that. United must go out offensive in search of a quick goal.

Yeah we here in States only get that one live, so I miss my Arsenal going vs Villarreal. :(
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Cerr

Quote from: katmai on April 15, 2009, 03:25:51 AM

Yeah we here in States only get that one live, so I miss my Arsenal going vs Villarreal. :(
You could watch the game online.
There's some sites that do live streaming of games.

katmai

Quote from: Cerr on April 15, 2009, 03:58:31 AM

You could watch the game online.
There's some sites that do live streaming of games.

I believe espn 360 has rights here in states and it's ppv iirc. No i'm not able to get it because of my ISP isn't on ESPN's list <_<
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Norgy

Quote from: Tamas on April 09, 2009, 12:24:11 AM

Which just makes it all the much worse.
It should be noted that John Major apparently was a Chelsea fan.

Liep

We only get Arsenal - Villarreal in HD, the other is in SD with commentators that are more prone to sarcastically insult eachother than follow the game. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Quote from: Josephus on April 14, 2009, 07:52:42 PMI knew it would be a great series. Put up some British, nay, English, teams against each other...never mind that silly Italian shit.

That's why, of the 8 goals they scored between the two teams yesterday, only 2 were by an English player (Lampard) while there were 2 by Brazilians (Fabio Aurelio and Alex), and 1 by an Spaniard (Alonso), an Argentinian (Leyva), a Dutchman (Kuyt) and an Ivorian (Drogba).  ;)

And in the previous game, 2 were by a Serbian (Ivanovic), 1 by an Ivorian (Drogba again) and 1 from a Spaniard (Torres).  :lol:

I can't see much Englishness in there.  :P

Liep

What he actually said was that he didn't think Inter vs. Roma would be such an entertaining game series, which I agree with. :p

Josephus

Quote from: The Larch on April 15, 2009, 06:21:16 AM
Quote from: Josephus on April 14, 2009, 07:52:42 PMI knew it would be a great series. Put up some British, nay, English, teams against each other...never mind that silly Italian shit.

That's why, of the 8 goals they scored between the two teams yesterday, only 2 were by an English player (Lampard) while there were 2 by Brazilians (Fabio Aurelio and Alex), and 1 by an Spaniard (Alonso), an Argentinian (Leyva), a Dutchman (Kuyt) and an Ivorian (Drogba).  ;)

And in the previous game, 2 were by a Serbian (Ivanovic), 1 by an Ivorian (Drogba again) and 1 from a Spaniard (Torres).  :lol:

Fair enough. Which is why England, as a football nation team, sucks.

My point though, is that the English league, despite the foreigners, is the best league in the World.  :bowler:

EDIT: Yeah...what Liep said. :hug:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Larch

Quote from: Josephus on April 15, 2009, 08:15:35 AM
Quote from: The Larch on April 15, 2009, 06:21:16 AM

Fair enough. Which is why England, as a football nation team, sucks.

My point though, is that the English league, despite the foreigners, is the best league in the World.  :bowler:

EDIT: Yeah...what Liep said. :hug:

Gotcha.  :thumbsup: