News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

After Pegasus another spyware company monitoring people's phones - this time an Italian company whose software was found on devices in Italy and Kazakhstan:
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/jun/23/apple-and-android-phones-hacked-by-italian-spyware-says-google
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

https://londonist.com/london/maps/fake-britain-map-fictional-locations-england-scotland-wales

QuoteFake Britain: A Map Of Fictional Locations In England, Scotland And Wales

We've put together a map of fictional locations from film, TV, literature and other sources. Take a look around this alternative nation and see how many places you recognise. From Judge Dredd to Vanity Fair, it's all here.

:hmm:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josquius

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 24, 2022, 08:08:23 PMhttps://londonist.com/london/maps/fake-britain-map-fictional-locations-england-scotland-wales

QuoteFake Britain: A Map Of Fictional Locations In England, Scotland And Wales

We've put together a map of fictional locations from film, TV, literature and other sources. Take a look around this alternative nation and see how many places you recognise. From Judge Dredd to Vanity Fair, it's all here.

:hmm:

Looks like they put a lot of work into it. But I Google some of these places and most either come up null or real places in different locations.

The north is so empty....
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Yeah North-East is weirdly sparse, as is Lincolnshire and the East Midlands.
Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

Not even fictional people want to live in the north? :unsure: :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

Quote from: HVC on June 25, 2022, 05:52:55 AMNot even fictional people want to live in the north? :unsure: :P
In fairness the North-West and Yorkshire look busy - it's just Jos's bit of the North that is sparse :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

What's the oldest piece of clothing you regularly still wear?

I ask as I notice the t-shirt I've warn the last couple of nights in bed is a old Meat Loaf tour t-shirt from 1987!
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

Yeah, I use some very old t-shirts as nightshirts, too. Nothing so old, though. Oldest I'd say is one I bought in Prague while I was there on Erasmus, in 1999.

I have some footie shirts from the early 1990s but they no longer fit me (I have grown both in height and in circumference since then).

Duque de Bragança

I still wear once in a while '90s metal t-shirts. Plus old '90s football jerseys but less regularly. Oldest being an early '90s FC Porto jersey (a bit tight around the neck now though).

Jerseys from the '90s and even 2000 and ware still loose sizes so it's not big deal. Not so today.

Josquius

The trouble with wearing old football tops is they tend not to be friends with the washing machine 😔

I have an early 90s man Utd shirt, formerly my cousins, that I used to wear a fair bit but not for a few months
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HVC

Lol germany. And the Greek one couldn't be more Greek unless it was smothered in tzatziki
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on June 25, 2022, 06:07:43 AMWhat's the oldest piece of clothing you regularly still wear?

I ask as I notice the t-shirt I've warn the last couple of nights in bed is a old Meat Loaf tour t-shirt from 1987!

An NBC News windbreaker with a busted zipper that my friend who worked at NBC at the time gave me around 92.

Admiral Yi

I'm off to my niece's wedding.  Later.

HVC