News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Berkut on June 20, 2022, 01:34:16 PMI'm trying to imagine a scenario where such a move would ever be useful.
Careful.  You are no the precipace of accepting Anime and having a twenty minute shouted conversation before and during the 2 minute battleabout your attacks and your backstory.
PDH!

Berkut

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 20, 2022, 03:08:38 PM
Quote from: Berkut on June 20, 2022, 01:34:16 PMI'm trying to imagine a scenario where such a move would ever be useful.
Careful.  You are no the precipace of accepting Anime and having a twenty minute shouted conversation before and during the 2 minute battleabout your attacks and your backstory.

I am fascinated by how much all of that doesn't make any sense to me.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

HVC

Add in a side step and you can deflect a blow and land one yourself... maybe :unsure: but mainly what Syt said :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Quote from: Berkut on June 21, 2022, 01:48:07 PM

You need more dragonballZ in you life
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on June 21, 2022, 01:48:07 PM

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

viper37

I find your lack of imagination... disturbing.
:P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Multi-verse of Madness. Fun fight scenes, didn't much care for the plot.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Larch

Anyone following this season of The Boys? Tomorrow's episode is supposed to be a big deal, it's been getting hyped since before the season started.

Josquius

Quote from: The Larch on June 23, 2022, 04:22:48 AMAnyone following this season of The Boys? Tomorrow's episode is supposed to be a big deal, it's been getting hyped since before the season started.

I'm a few eps behind.
Weird goings on. But remains entertaining.
I don't get the big budget spending for the knob humour in ep 1.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Josquius on June 23, 2022, 06:10:54 AM
Quote from: The Larch on June 23, 2022, 04:22:48 AMAnyone following this season of The Boys? Tomorrow's episode is supposed to be a big deal, it's been getting hyped since before the season started.

I'm a few eps behind.
Weird goings on. But remains entertaining.
I don't get the big budget spending for the knob humour in ep 1.

This season they seem to want to go overboard in gory stuff and edginess, which, while being part of their style, I think that it actually detracts from the more interesting issues they deal with, what with Homelander being a superpowered Trump, basically.

Habbaku

Knowing what ep. 6's content is supposed to be (from the comics), I can assure you that the knob humor in ep. 1 ties into it.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

viper37

Watching it and liking it but haven't seen that one yet.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

The new orville series is on Disney plus.
I like the first 2. But just cant get into this... 😔
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Elvis. Absolutely terrific film. I think you probably need to like Baz Luhrman films, which I do, because it is magnificently Baz Luhrman - all of the traits of his films are very turned up here. I love Baz Luhrman so I am particularly susceptible to this film :lol:

I don't think I'm alone in not having really got Elvis - I think he's lost a bit of his place in the culture because of the Vegas years and the Nixon photo etc. For me - shows that power and why Elvis mattered even if I've perhaps been a little clouded by the capes years.

Austin Butler is really good and I think his performance gives you the sense of electric, raw energy about him and how dangerous he was. It's an incredibly charismatic turn. Tom Hanks is great as you'd expect as basically Salieri narrating the story - and making us a little bit his accomplices.
Let's bomb Russia!