News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oexmelin

Friends and colleagues from the Association of Canadian Archivists have put together an auction to help rebuild the Ukrainian archives, if some of you are interested.

https://app.followmybid.com/en-CA/aca-fundraiser-help-rebuild-damaged-ukranian-archives/items?fbclid=IwAR3D6VpPyHyhXPGWNZlhQtYoL6iCWAce67z1OxETN3NTLUd1LotJxm7IGaM
Que le grand cric me croque !

Oexmelin

Also, BB: There's a Yukon giftbasket...
Que le grand cric me croque !

PRC

So Canada will have the longest undefended border in the World... and the shortest.

viper37

The Canadian Armed Forces are changing.

Some conservatives are going to have a meltdown.

Men and women of the armed forces will now be allowed to order clothes reserved for the other sex.
Tattoos may be allowed in more visible places, like forearms.  Generally forbidden in the face, except if it's closely linked to one's culture.

And the worst part: women with long hair may now be allowed to wear a ponytail (totally indecent lewd behaviour  :sleep: )  instead of a hairnet while males will be allowed to grow a beard, except when they require specific facial equipment (facial masks that require a fit test comes to mind).

Basically, they are generalizing the cultural exceptions to most soldiers.  Not a bad move.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

It probably annoys Raz but

Bonne Fête Nationale du Québec, mes amis.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 23, 2022, 09:02:56 PMIt probably annoys Raz but

Or Bonne Fête de la Saint-Jean-Baptiste for Gray Fox's hyper-Catholic in-laws.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Oh, my religious in-laws are Baptists.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zoupa

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 23, 2022, 09:19:41 PMOh, my religious in-laws are Baptists.

Wtf. Did we miss a few on St-Bathelemy?

crazy canuck

My younger boy had the good fortune to arrive in Barcelona just in time for the celebration.

Barrister

I got a phone call from the Leslyn Lewis campaign the other day.  An honest to God person actually on the other line.

I politely said that while I am glad Ms. Lewis is in caucus, I would be ranking her last due to electability.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Bonne Fête Nationale! :)

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

The passport clusterfuck.

The government treated more passport demands with less employees before the pandemic.

People are told to come only 48h before travel, even if they booked an appointment well in advance.  And they get charge 110$ emergency fees, of course, for a rush treatment.

What a clueless government.

Is it as bad in other provinces?  Huge lineups, people being told to go back home, after 18hrs in line?

Why is this government always asleep at the wheel?

Josquius

Quote from: viper37 on June 24, 2022, 03:12:49 PMThe passport clusterfuck.

The government treated more passport demands with less employees before the pandemic.

People are told to come only 48h before travel, even if they booked an appointment well in advance.  And they get charge 110$ emergency fees, of course, for a rush treatment.

What a clueless government.

Is it as bad in other provinces?  Huge lineups, people being told to go back home, after 18hrs in line?

Why is this government always asleep at the wheel?

I've heard of similar happening in numerous countries at the moment I must say. Australia and Britain for instance.
██████
██████
██████