News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Solmyr on June 22, 2022, 09:24:08 AMObi-Wan finale was really, really good.

You have given me some hope!  I will watch it tonight.  :)

Eddie Teach

The whole series has continuity problems with the movies.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Yeah, it was a great finale.  There's rumours of season 2 now.  Not sure if it's a good idea though.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

Entertaining end. Stole the mask thing from the cartoon though :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

FunkMonk

Super ending. Also, I laughed out loud when Obi Wan said "Hello there."  :lol:

Solmyr

Obi-Wan confronting Vader was among some of the greatest Star Wars scenes ever. The acting was top-notch, especially from Christensen. Also, they addressed that thing where Obi-Wan calls Vader "Darth" in Ep. 4. :D

crazy canuck

So, why did he just walk away from Darth Vader when the dialogue made it clear that he realized that Aniken was no longer there? Wouldn't it have been a lot better if the dialogue had indicated that there was still some hope left for Aniken?

Berkut

Whats the overall consensus on this then?

The buzz seems mostly negative....
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

HVC

Started good, ended good. Middle was meh. Acting was decent. If you're a stickler for canon and consistency of story lines* you won't like it.

*although Star Wars hasn't ever really been that great at keeping a coherent storyline.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Berkut on June 23, 2022, 07:49:44 AMWhats the overall consensus on this then?

The buzz seems mostly negative....

Yeah, the start was good and they finished strong but the middle drags. It should have been a 2 and a half hour movie.

Overall, I enjoyed it, especially as someone who has come around to appreciating the prequels. If you still despise them then this is not for you.

Berkut

I despise the prequels because the story execution sucked (the story itself could have been and should have been amazing), the acting was terrible, and the directing atrocious. 

Other then that, they were fine.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

FunkMonk

Quote from: Berkut on June 23, 2022, 10:27:45 AMI despise the prequels because the story execution sucked (the story itself could have been and should have been amazing), the acting was terrible, and the directing atrocious.

Other then that, they were fine.

Yeah I'd stay away then or just catch the cool parts on YT.

Syt

I felt incredibly whelmed by the season finale. Neither overwhelmed nor underwhelmed. Just whelmed, I guess.

It ticked all the boxes that I was expecting to see, and while I thought it was mostly good, it also seemed very by the numbers.

I kind of agree with Star Wars Explained - the story and beats on paper all are awesome and what you'd want from a story like this. But the execution often felt a bit weak, or without much of a budget and maybe revealing some limitations of the Volume at the moment, i.e. restricting the usable live action area? Its production values seemed lower than Book of Boba Fett that only had one moment that really pulled me out of the show, the slow speed chase in Mos Espa between the mods and the mayor's aide.

Maybe I'm just over revisiting main characters from the original movies at this point. Mando is spiraling into its own big story from humble beginnings, and while it keeps bringing up "big names" (well, "big" in the context of Clone Wars and Rebels, at least) it had a whole season to establish itself first. I really hope Andor will follow a similar trajectory. I also have my fingers crossed for The Acolyte, set 100 years before Phantom Menace. Personally, I would like to see more of what happens after Rise of Skywalker. Grogu could be a character to bridge the gap and provide a familiar character if they decide to jump 100 or 200 years into the future.

Looking forward to Star Wars Visions S2 in the meantime. And fingers crossed that Ahsoka won't suck. There's been some rumors of a Reva spin off, potentially about her helping The Way to bring Jedi and force sensitives to safety. I'd be up for that.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.